70's penton

Started by shaun miller, December 31, 2002, 02:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaun miller

I am trying to find out about a penton.  My father road one in 1974.  It was green with white on the tank. Dont know if it was a 125 or 175.  He was killed on it in 1974 while racing. i want one

Rocket

Shaun
Sounds like your dad had a steel tank 125.
Rocket

Paul Danik

Shaun,
  Welcome to the Penton Owners Group's website. I was sorry to read that your father was killed on his Penton, but pleased to see that you still have an interest. If you go to the homepage of this site, and click on the photos link, you will be able to access many photos of many Pentons at different events. You may recognize one of those machines as being similar to your father's Penton. If you  recognize one of those machines let us know and we can help keep an eye out for one for you. What part of the country are you from??
Keep in touch.  Paul

fzrr750

Shaun, hello. Welcome to the site. I too am sorry for the loss of your father so many years ago. He did what he must have loved to do until that fateful day. Be proud of him for that. I hope you have many great memories of your father.
Please try to see if anybody in your family has any photos of your dad racing or working on a bike or hanging out at the track (unless you already asked). This site will be proud to have some photos of your dad racing his beloved Penton.
Look on Ebay and check all the photos here and ask other members to send photos of the early 70's 125-175 Pentons to see if you see the bike your dad rode back then. I still have a couple of the bikes I owned from way back and they are not original anymore. I changed things to make them faster and lighter (plastic tanks and wider fenders). Some people back then also repainted their bikes from the original factory paint. Your dad might have done this also. There was no rules for this in the 70's that I knew of as alot of people I knew put different stripes and decals on their bikes and changed colors. I am sure that some classes might not have been allowed to do this but I am not sure of it. A lot of people got into the 'Works' look in the 70's and raced this way.

Seeeyaaa for now.    Ed T.

71 Suzuki TM400,72 Suzuki TS400 Desert racer,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.
71 Suzuki TM400,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX,89 KTM 250EXC, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.

Rocket

Shaun
Sounds like your dad had a steel tank 125.
Rocket

Paul Danik

Shaun,
  Welcome to the Penton Owners Group's website. I was sorry to read that your father was killed on his Penton, but pleased to see that you still have an interest. If you go to the homepage of this site, and click on the photos link, you will be able to access many photos of many Pentons at different events. You may recognize one of those machines as being similar to your father's Penton. If you  recognize one of those machines let us know and we can help keep an eye out for one for you. What part of the country are you from??
Keep in touch.  Paul

fzrr750

Shaun, hello. Welcome to the site. I too am sorry for the loss of your father so many years ago. He did what he must have loved to do until that fateful day. Be proud of him for that. I hope you have many great memories of your father.
Please try to see if anybody in your family has any photos of your dad racing or working on a bike or hanging out at the track (unless you already asked). This site will be proud to have some photos of your dad racing his beloved Penton.
Look on Ebay and check all the photos here and ask other members to send photos of the early 70's 125-175 Pentons to see if you see the bike your dad rode back then. I still have a couple of the bikes I owned from way back and they are not original anymore. I changed things to make them faster and lighter (plastic tanks and wider fenders). Some people back then also repainted their bikes from the original factory paint. Your dad might have done this also. There was no rules for this in the 70's that I knew of as alot of people I knew put different stripes and decals on their bikes and changed colors. I am sure that some classes might not have been allowed to do this but I am not sure of it. A lot of people got into the 'Works' look in the 70's and raced this way.

Seeeyaaa for now.    Ed T.

71 Suzuki TM400,72 Suzuki TS400 Desert racer,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.
71 Suzuki TM400,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX,89 KTM 250EXC, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.