Body Work

Started by Jdbglover, December 31, 2002, 12:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdbglover

I have a number of body work questions for an early 1975 model Jackpiner enduro.

1.  What is the correct style tank, a) toaster style or b) the watermelon style?

2.  What is the correct style headlight a) a metal cev type or b) a plastic preston petty?

3.  What is the correct rear fender a) a faulk or b) a preston petty?

4.  What type left hand air box cover is correct a) the aluminum model with full size number plate or b) the plastic model with the notch in the number plate to allow the shocks to be laid down?

5. When did KTM go to the combination ignition and counter sprockect cover versus the ignition cover only? I seen NOS combination cover in both black and silver, was this an option?  

Thank You in advance for advice.

John Glover

Rocket

Only as accurate as my memory!  I bought a new 75 and this is what mine had.

1.  Watermelon style for enduro's and a smaller style for MX.  Rubber straps with springs for tank holddown.

2.  Metal CEV.  I think 76 is when they started coming the PP products.

3.  Falk style with round taillight.  Very thin breakable plastic.

4.  Plastic airbox cover with cutout for when shock was laid down.

5.  I believe in 75 they started cutting the ignition cover so the sprocket was visible.  My 73 had a full cover and my 75 was cut.  I also have a 74 250 that had a full cover.  Guys use to cut the full covers to make it easy to change clutch cables and sprockets.
Rocket

Jdbglover

Thank You, Rocket.

Sincerely,

John Glover

Rocket

Only as accurate as my memory!  I bought a new 75 and this is what mine had.

1.  Watermelon style for enduro's and a smaller style for MX.  Rubber straps with springs for tank holddown.

2.  Metal CEV.  I think 76 is when they started coming the PP products.

3.  Falk style with round taillight.  Very thin breakable plastic.

4.  Plastic airbox cover with cutout for when shock was laid down.

5.  I believe in 75 they started cutting the ignition cover so the sprocket was visible.  My 73 had a full cover and my 75 was cut.  I also have a 74 250 that had a full cover.  Guys use to cut the full covers to make it easy to change clutch cables and sprockets.
Rocket

Jdbglover

Thank You, Rocket.

Sincerely,

John Glover