"Made in Austria" tags

Started by Randy Kirkbride, January 18, 2003, 11:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Kirkbride

Does anyone have a "Made in Austria" tags that came on the steering head & swingarm? I would like to make reproductions if someone has a sample. Even a good picture & measurements would help.
Thanks,
Randy

crash carden

Hello Randy,your tag ideal sounds great! I would be interested in two or three.Have you checked with Al Buehner or some of the other parts people listed on the parts page? Maybe they could help out.Let me know if you have any luck.It would look nice on my restored 72 Jackpiner, Thanks Crash Carden

Kip Kern

I may have some originals but I have everything packed up until my new shop is complete.  Try me in a month and hopefully I can find them! [email protected]

Randy Kirkbride

Kip,
I'll check back with you later.  I didn't realize any of the originals were still around.
Thanks,
Randy

Kip Kern

Randy,  A "Made In Austria" decal is headed your way.  I got a few from a friend in Italy.  Also a "Penton" seat decal order is on the way with it!  
You can have the "Austria" decal as it will probably get ruined in the process of remanufacturing new ones, no biggie!

Randy Kirkbride

Kip,
Thanks for the decal & taking time to send it. We'll see how it goes with the reproductions.
Randy

mad max

HEY Randy please keep me posted on these decals i could use some over here in the UK regards MAX

hrbay

Has anyone checked Domi Rc'r, he has a few reproduction decals.

carl
GC

Kip Kern

Domi doesn't have the "Austria" but they have the "Ceriani" for the forks! They have a lot of really neat stuff, i.e., CEV, Magura, Sachs, etc. Last I looked, they even had NOS Green "68" headlamps.

Randy Kirkbride

Crash & Mad Max,
I'll post it here when the decals become available.
Thanks,
Randy