In Memory of Gerald West

Started by Doug Wilford, January 19, 2003, 08:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Wilford

Gerald (Gerry) West passed away Jan 8th in Ft. Myers,Fl  A memorial service is being held at 9:00 AM Wednesday Jan.22 at Gluvna Funeral Home 3224 Broadway Lorain, OH  Gerry was a friend and photographer who took many motorcycling photos for magazines, news papers and for Penton Sportcycles.  Those of us who had the chance to know Gerry will miss him greatly, God Bless us all!

tomale

Sorry to hear about the passing of Gerry. I did not know Him but He must of be a good friend. I will keep all of you who knew Him in my prayers. It is never easy when a friend passes on I had a good friend die when He was only 24, a car crash took his life. He bleed to death before anyone could find Him. what a terrible way to go. May the God of all comfort, Comfort you in this time of grief. Please let the family know that there are Poggers out here that care.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Paul Danik

In issue # 6 of the POG newsletter Jerry West was interviewed by Alan Buehner. I sat today and reread that interview, it is quite interesting and I am glad that Alan was able to interview Jerry before he passed away. When the POG was formed I called Jerry to tell him what was going on, he was quite excited to say the least. His photos helped to record the Penton history and have been used in the Penton book as well as the recent Penton/KTM show on TV. Jerry was part of the Penton extended family and traveled to many parts of the world to photograph the ISDT for Mr. Penton.  He was a very kind gentleman. I don't know what else to say except God Speed old friend.