stock footpegs

Started by William Burmeister, January 21, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Burmeister

I have, what I believe to be, a pair of mint condition original footpegs for a 1974 250. Unfortunately, when mounted, they both angle back towards the rear of the motorcycle. Is this normal, am I missing some hardware, or am I simple missing the obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated - including the use of other pegs.

Kip Kern

Sounds like you have either two new rights or two new lefts.  Peg sets have a right and a left.  Check it out!

Randy Kirkbride

Since they both angle toward the rear, sounds like you just have them reversed. Try switching sides.

William Burmeister

Thanks for the input so far. I probably should have mentioned I did indeed try reversing them, swapping them sise for side, and every other possible combination I could think of. It's got me stumped, you would think one of them would fit - unless neither is for this bike!

Mick Milakovic

William,
Could the frame mounts possibly be bent from hitting stumps or rocks?  I copied the design from my original '75 steel pegs and made some stainless pegs that fit well.  Maybe they aren't really the right year.

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

imported_n/a

My '73 250 had the same problem.  I ordered the new pegs that Al is selling and they fit great.