live or die????

Started by chris p., January 31, 2003, 03:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris p.

thank you mick, after looking around this site i figured out my pentonktm manufacture date is may of 76. the cooling fins are marked ktm 125.it looks alot like the featured bike from june 2002 or may 2002. now the big question, knowing im missing kick starter ,boot from carb to air box,throttle and cables. is it worth trying to restore or should i look for a donor card??

Mick Milakovic

Chris,
That's a tough call, and it all depends on you.  Some people want to restore to show level quality, others just want to ride or race.  Each carries with it a subjective level of finish.  The hardest part you will encounter is the kickstart lever.  The others are pretty available.  

Also, I don't know how desireable that particular model is, ie. was it a great running and handling bike?  That also enters into the equation.  I have a '76 250 enduro bike that I'm robbing for my '75 MX'er.  The enduro frame has been cracked and welded so many times that it's worthless.  It has Yamaha forks on it.  It also has the ugliest plastic tank I've ever seen.  But, and this is the best thing, the motors on both bikes were made in '74.  That gives me a spare motor for my race bike and a few other common parts.

Live or die.....that's for you to decide.

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

Mike Lenz

I have a small shaft kicker.

chris p.

Quotequote:
I have a small shaft kicker.

would you be willing to part with that part???