Started by Randy Kirkbride, February 08, 2003, 06:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Kirkbride

THANKS  AMA
THANKS  POG
GREAT  MEETING
OUTSTANDING  PEOPLE

Don Roth

Here here! Great folks, fantastic bikes and super info, what a way to spend Saturday, nice to see where(and why) our bikes evolved. Thanks!

hrbay

Hi, wish I could have been there to meet everyone, and see the bikes. I hope there was a photograph or two taken. GC

GC

rob w

It was an outstanding, outstanding day.
I'm sure we would all agree that being a part of the POG is something pretty special.
 I will assure you the officers and trustees, and their friends and family, and all of the members I've ever met, are working hard to acheive this level of excellence, all for us to enjoy.
 I would like to give thanks to these people for sharing their experience and knowledge, and for opening up their personal lives so that we can all benefit and further enjoy our hobby and interest in the legacy of the Penton motorcycle company.
 There's alot of good stuff that should be said about this last meeting. All good.
 The only thing I do regret is that so many of you are not able to attend. That's alright, we'll catch up with you another day.
You know all it takes is two people to have a Penton owners meeting.
More on this later,
Thanks P.O.G.
See ya,
Bob

tomale

Sorry I was not there. I would love to get to know all of you who have made this group possible. But being in the Pacific Northwest, a really busy schedule and money challenged, makes it very difficult to travel so far to attend such a meeting. Maybe someday.
As far as I know, I am the only one in the Seattle area with a Penton/KTM, which makes it kind of difficult to get together. If you know of anyone please let me know.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mike Berrington

Great meeting,  I really enjoyed putting some faces with the emails, seeing some great Penton's, meeting John, Jack, Dane, Doug, Paul, Ron,  Al, etc...  I only regret that I forgot the camera and that my son was unable to attend, (basketball conflict),  he would have made the 3rd generation of our family in attendance.  Perhaps next meeting.  My Dad enjoyed re-establishing his Amherst roots, he graduated from High School there in 1950, knew and/or knew of the Penton's and Wilford's.

I also brought home my Jackpiner project that I picked up on my way back to VA.  The wife seems to struggle with the diamond in the rough concept.....    There is quite a contrast between the Jackpiner sitting beside my sons new YZ80, and my not so new YZ250.  I think the seat height is similar to the wife's XR100!

Really cool to have a Penton back in the garage after 24 years!!!

Thanks to everyone for all of the efforts.

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.