Seat bases for sale

Started by penton117, February 02, 2001, 07:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penton117

Maybe everyone already knows this, but I just stumbled on to this site that sells replacement seat bases w/ brackets and new Penton enduro number plates. Here's the link:
http://www.pe.net/~rpm/

Chris Brown

Looks like a great source? Anyone bought anything from them?
I may need a new seat pan, mine's a little the worst for wear. I had to re-glass the one for my 400. I wonder if they will sell the brackets only.... and those aluminum strips that go on the side of the seat. My rear brackets are broken and the strips are missing.
Larry, if you're lurking....you got those???  BTW, I've got an order for you.
Chris

gooey

chris,, I havent ordered from them,, but I did discuss fenders with him once ... I had a specific fender in mind that I thought I may want to try on the 'piner,, and wanted to know some measurements,,, not only did he provide accurate measurements,,, but he had a friend w/ a Penton,, and he went to that bike and looked the situation over, and replied to me with his thoughts on the situation,,, which I felt were spot-on !

sadly,, it was about then that the 'piner became a questionable project,, so I put the whole thing on pause ... seemed like a knowledgeable, helpful guy that just loves old dirt bikes !

1973 Jackpiner 175,          my  "real" name is Mark McGrew, my friends call me Gooey,, Please,, call me Gooey!

gooey

by the way chris,,, i dont think im ready to do the spoke thing yet ... i still need to sort out some more pressing details before I can pursue the piner project .... if, in fact,,, i can

1973 Jackpiner 175,          my  "real" name is Mark McGrew, my friends call me Gooey,, Please,, call me Gooey!

ktmkirk

Quotequote: The number plates were made at my request since iwas looking for the original number plates with the cutout.  He only makes thing sout of fiberglass and they will have to be painted, I ordered 10 plates from him ,when i recive them I'll let you know how they came out once I paint one yellow and see how it looks on one of my bikes....I am alos looking for the original rear enduro fenders, Does anybody know who has the mold for these,,I have checked all the usual sources and no luck,,I did find a source to make them  but the tooling is a 1000.00 dollars plus a cost per fender depending on how many fenders i have made.  Is there any interest in having these fenders made, I would take 10, if we can get up to 50 then the price per fender would be reasonable.   thanks Kirk Sessions, I have posted some of my pictures in Vinduro under files and under Kirks project bikes I'll submit the url later..
Maybe everyone already knows this, but I just stumbled on to this site that sells replacement seat bases w/ brackets and new Penton enduro number plates. Here's the link:
http://www.pe.net/~rpm/

Larry Perkins

Chris,

I am always lurking.  At least when I would burn someone with a high-low pass in MX and BMX that is what they would say.  Seriously, I am working at remakes on the seat brackets and the aluminum strips.  Remake is just a slower process and maybe a month or so away.

Kip Kern

Check Out RPM's new glas parts offered to POG.  I sent Roger a "74" 250/400 GS and MC right side cover to copy and also sent a 68/69 "short" seat base to make out of glas. These items should fill some voids out there!   Kip