Penton Berkshire Parts

Started by Ron Keys, February 17, 2003, 08:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Keys

I have the following list of parts available from parting out my 1973 Penton Berkshire 100.  The parts will also fit the 125.  If I can get a decent offer on all of it I'll sell here rather than going through eBay.  Email me with an offer at
1 - 100cc Penton motor.  Missing the rings, wristpin and small end needle bearing.   Small divit out of chain side case because of thrown chain at some earlier date but minimal damage.
1 set of Girling rear shocks complete.
Clutch cable, used but in good shape.
Two Bing carbs, one minus the cap, the other minus the float bowl.
Front axle complete.
Rear axle complete
2 Rear chain tensioners complete.
Complete set of motor mounts.
Handlebars
Frame with rear sporocket and cush drive attached
Front and rear brake anchors
Side kick stand.
Rear brake pedal
Front and rear Preston Petty plastic fenders.

BrianTaylor

Ron pls email me at [email protected]... thks Brian Taylor

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Rick/calif

ron. i am looking for a pair of engine stays(the frame members that bolt to the back of the engine and go to the frame under the seat, and also a fork brace.  can you help? thanks, rick e-mail [email protected]

Ron Keys

Quotequote:
ron. i am looking for a pair of engine stays(the frame members that bolt to the back of the engine and go to the frame under the seat, and also a fork brace.  can you help? thanks, rick e-mail [email protected]

Ron Keys

Rick:

I've sent you a reply at your noted email address.

Ron

Ron Keys

Rick:

For some reason I'm getting a syntax arror re: your email address.  
Rick:

I have checked and the rear engine mount is factory welded to the lower rear frame cross member.  It is also mounted to the frame by way of the swing arm bolt that passes through it with a spacer on either side.  The engine mounts  to the front of this bracket with an engine bolt at the top and bottom of the bracket.  The upper motor mount on this bike has a hairline fracture that needs to be welded but it's nothing serious.

The only way to use this is by cutting it off and welding it to your frame, which I would not recommend.  If you are interested in the entire frame then it's yors for $50.  The frame is in excellent condition but should be painted while it's apart.  I do not have a triple clamp.  I sold it with the forks earlier on e-Bay.  Let me know.

Ron Keys