February's Featured bike

Started by rob w, February 20, 2003, 11:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

That must be one of thee elusive "Woodsman", am I correct? I encountered one last fall at a KTM dealership in Sullivan, MO. They could'nt identify it, but I thought that's what it must be, and it's the only one I've ever seen.
Is that Paul's?
Thanks
Bob

Dennis Jones

Bob, as with most early Pentons the woodsman must vary from bike to bike. The Woodsman I have saw were different from this bike. The rear frame loop would have been cut and tilted up for an enduro type fender to clear. The Wassell exhaust was replaced with a Husky 125 pipe, and the Metal Profile front end replaced with Ceriani. This gave the bike a more traditional dirt bike look. I bought an orange tank wassell a few years back at Mid-Ohio that the only difference from my other Wassells was the orange paint.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Doug Wilford

Gentlemen, wasselites, poggers.   The February bike is in England.  Fresh out of a crate. Plus it is for sale.  It is a mystery as to how this model got back to England unless.    It may have been one of the first Woodsmans ideas of Penton R&D and sent back to Wassell as an idea for standard production.  ?????????????

rob w

I took some photos of the one I saw.
Who knows if it was original but...
It is orange (same tank), has a border of polished alum. around the orange on the side panels.
Round sticker (same place) in center of side panel.
Iron barrel but with a semi-sunburst head instead of the "butch".
Not trials exhaust, something else.
High front fender.
74 GP seat.
Ceriani forks.
and large CEV headlight.

mad max

Doug where abouts is it over here do you know regards MAX.

Doug Wilford

I did not ask him where he was from.   But I did tell him to post it on the Wanted/ forsale forum.

Dennis Jones

Bob, That description sounds like the few I saw. There was a completely disassembled parts one at Mid-Ohio a few years back. The vender wanted to sell it with three other parts bikes. I offered half of what he wanted for all but he said all are none. Hopefully it ended up with a pogger.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones