Pipe Repair

Started by tofriedel, March 02, 2003, 11:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tofriedel

I am restoring a 1981 495 & the head portion of the pipe is beat up and needs a lot of repair.  

Any suggestions and/or recommendations for anyone doing this type of repair?  

Anyone do repairs on pipes?

Thanks

Tony

Mike Lenz

The Duke of Dent is not to bad.

Dr.2Stroke

i have very nice used pipes,if this is a alternative. or new ones,if you prefer!

frank the welder

I am pretty handy at fixing pipes, If you are inclined I may be able to make repairs. I made the pressure flanges needed and have done a few. If you wish to e-mail me I can tell you how to clean it and make it a little easier. my e-mail is [email protected]

tlanders

I sent my '78 MC5 pipe to the Dukes Of Dent per Mike Lenz's recommendation and they did a pretty good job but not perfect. It was expensive overall, close to $100 including shipping, but they did get the job done in a timely manner and I LOVE MY MC5!!!!! Did anyone ever make a pipe protector for these pipes? They are just asking to be smooshed on rocks if you do any cross country racing. I wish I hadn't just powder coated my frame, I would weld a couple tabs on it to bolt on a pipe protector. I guess Kent's concept of not powder coating frames sure is valid!!!!

Teddy

Mike Lenz

Teddy, I use the universal clamp on guard. It helps some.

tlanders

From where? MSR? White Bros? ??

Rocket

Ted
I just happen to have one of the old clamp on pipe protectors.  Probably $20 and shipping.  
Rocket

tlanders

Rod, Thanks for the offer, I would like it. I am planning on running the Marion, IL Cross Country with it on April 13.

Teddy

Rocket

Ted
Send me your mailing address and I will get it on the way.  You can send me a check after you get it.
Rod

tlanders

Thanks again Rod, send it to:

Teddy Landers
6670 County Road 8800
West Plains, MO 65775

Keith

OK, how to get in touch with the Duke of Dent?  Teddy, how beat up was your pipe?  How good is pretty good?  Just wondering as my headpipe has a 1/2" to 3/4' dent in it about 2" across the headpipe.

Keith Taylor (see ya at Marion)

tlanders

Keith,

They are actually called Finish Line Products and their number is (800) 843-8745. They are in Florida and charge $55 plus shipping and promise a one day turn around. My pipe was in worse shape than yours, crushed would be the best word to discribe it. It's just not perfectly round but seems to work very well. Also, it didn't line up with the exhaust manifold very well, a large rubber mallet helped it back on. See ya, Teddy