New England Vintage Enduro Activities

Started by johnm01880, March 02, 2003, 11:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnm01880

Over the past year or so, Bob Hicks and I have spoken with New England riders about developing vintage enduro motorcycle activities in the region. As part of those efforts, we've participated in private invitational recreational rides, New England Trail Riders Association (NETRA) chapter events and annual meeting, Spanish Motorcycle Owners Group events, the AMA's Vintage Motorcycle Days event in Ohio, Hugh's Bultaco Open House, European Motorcycle Day event in Boston, and we have visited with folks to see their motorcycle collections.

Lots of New England folks said they'd like to be able to get together with other vintage enduro motorcycle fans for social and riding events, swap meets, and other activities. To help focus our efforts, I've revived the Minutemen Trail Riders (a NETRA chapter) as a "virtual" organization, mostly connected via the Internet (and in the case of a few others, via phone and snail mail.)

This is an invitation to New England Penton enthusiasts to participate in the Minutemen Trail Riders list, hosted on Yahoogroups at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Minutemen_Trail_Riders.
The Minutemen list is meant to complement -- and not compete with -- this Penton list or the Yahoogroups Vinduro list in that it focuses specifically on New England activities.

Check out the new Minutemen Trail Riders list. If you're from New England, sign up if you're interested. I've already started to populate the events calendar. We'll give this a try to see if we can generate a New England online vintage enduro community.

John Leone
[email protected]

don howard

johnm01880.  would be interested in a group like this. [email protected]  71 penton steel tanker.    don howard

david lynch

john, i would be interested in this endeavor. as a former member of the minuteman trail riders it sounds great. email me at [email protected]. thanks

david lynch

john, i would be interested in this endeavor. as a former member of the minuteman trail riders it sounds great. email me at [email protected]. thanks

david lynch

idiotboy

Hi John,I think you're the guy I talked to at Winchendon last fall,I was on the 400 Penton.I can't get that link to work,but I'm interested in any rides/events.My e-mail is [email protected] Thanks, Joel.

johnm01880

URL correction: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Minutemen_Trail_Riders/  (without the period at the end of the URL)

John Leone

Quotequote:
Hi John,I think you're the guy I talked to at Winchendon last fall,I was on the 400 Penton.I can't get that link to work,but I'm interested in any rides/events.My e-mail is [email protected] Thanks, Joel.