WANTED: SEAT COVER

Started by Dave Withrow, February 06, 2001, 09:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

HELP.....I need a seat cover for a '77 400 MC5. I called Al but no dice.  Larry?  Anyone?  Is anybody out there?

Chris Brown

I used my old one as a pattern a made a new one. The second try it came out okay(featured bike at POG)
Chris

tim bowers

Fischer Cycle found on this POG site
somewhere had some,but they had the
KTM logo on them.They still look good
though.

gooey

I had a seat professionally done,, it was oon a 79 KTM 250 base,,, orig cover was blue and had KTM stenciled on the side .... but I had it done in black vinyl ... This professional job was VERY nice indeed,, and quite reasonable ...... I would be happy to put you in touch with the guy that did it for me,, the only thing YOU may wanna do differently was the Penton name ... I see, on e bay,, someone selling stencil kits to put the name on the seat,,, I had "Penton" embroideried oon the rear sides,,, very neat,, but probably not to suit everyone's tastes ... e mail me If you want a pic of this shop's work,,, I would hate to tell yoou a cost,, because thru my 8-5 gig I do a fair amount of business and may have gotten a special deal,,, but it will be reasonable and VERY nice indeed !

1973 Jackpiner 175,          my  "real" name is Mark McGrew, my friends call me Gooey,, Please,, call me Gooey!

Larry Perkins

I will have redos with original logo on back in about 4-5 weeks.  You can also get a local seat guy to recover and there are stencil kits available but I have not used them to know how long term they are.  Whether someone makes it for you or you buy one and do it yourself it will run in the range of $45 to $60.

Larry Perkins
                   The Penton Man

Edited by - Larry Perkins on 02/08/2001  07:10:00 AM