Sachs 125 6b bottom end

Started by Rick/calif, March 12, 2003, 10:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick/calif

I am still looking for a Sachs 125 6b bottom end. Anybody have one for sale? Thanks, Rick

Steve Minor

Rick....I know NOTHING about Sach motors but this one popped up on eBay. I don't know if it's what you are looking for or not so please excuse my ignorance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406690695&category=35618

Steve Minor

Rick/calif

Steve, Thanks for your eagle eyes. I have seen the motor on e-bay, but it is impossible to tell if it is the one I need. I have made that mistake before! The seller must know what they have or the top end must come off for inspection. Thanks again for your response,Rick.

Mark Annan

I think that is a 5A motor.  If you look at the hole where the ignition wires come out of the case you can tell if it is a A or B motor.  Every A motor I have seen has a round hole that does not go all the way to the edge of the case.  The wires must be threaded up through the hole.

Every B motor I have seen has an elongated hole that goes to the edge of the case and allows the wires to slide into the case.

deek

The 1251/5A and 1251/6A (mine does anyway)have a hole for the electrical. The (mine has)1251/6B has a slot (elongated hole)like Mark Amman stated, on the right case.

Dale

Paul Danik

I have seen 6B engines with the round hole.  The slot seems to have come into being when the Bosch ignition was replaced with the motoplat and more room was needed for the wires. I would conclude that all engines with the slot are either B or D engines, but some B engines also had the round hole. The B engine has a lighter crank and would rev quicker, the welds on the Bosch flywheel could not handle the extra quick revs and would crack, sending the timing and the rider  into another time zone. I remember exactly where I crashed in a MX when mine cracked and the power went away sending me into a step-up with no power.

john durrill

If the ignition on the engine is what came stock its a A motor. it looks like someone cut off the end of the countershaft. thats not a good thing. that lets dirt and water into the shifter shaft and tranny.
 the first 72's we got had the mag and were A motors. All the shipments after that were the B engines  . All the B engines  we recieved came with motoplats  .
 i had better luck with the mags than Paul. i didnt MX just ran enduros . we welded the inner hub to the outer in 4 places. (about 3/8 inches long on the weld). the motoplats at that time were something less than reliable.  For that reason i kept that same mag on all my 100's and 125's for 4 years Just could not bring my  self to trust that ignition, chuckle chuckle, and had no flywheel breakage. I liked the A motor a lot more than the B for me personaly,  I kept an A engine in all my bikes for most of the time. That may be why i had good luck with the Mag flywheel.
 John D.