Maunscript of Penton Book to be auctioned!!!

Started by Paul Danik, February 11, 2001, 10:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

A numbered, signed unedited manuscript of "John Penton and the Off-Road Motorcycle Revolution", by Ed Youngblood, will be offered at the J. Wood Auction in Deland, Florida, on March 10,2001.  The manuscript is one of only five numbered copies signed by both the author and by John Penton.  Manuscript Number One is owned by John Penton. Number Two is in the archives of the Penton Owners Group. Number Five is owned by the author. Number Three was sold at auction at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days in July. The copy offered in Deland is Number Four, and the final numbered, signed copy available.  Proceeds from the sale will be divided between the Penton Owners Group and the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum, both of which are non-profit organizations.
   The above information was supplied by Ed Youngblood.  Open those piggy banks guys, this is your last chance to own a really rare  piece of Penton history.  Paul

Bob Gilman

Hey Paul, Just read your notice and I wanted to let you know #3 manuscript is hanging PROUDLY on our living room wall, next to our other Penton memorabila.  Bob Gilman

Paul Danik

Bob   It sounds like you and your better half have a much better understanding of interior decorating than Martha Stewart. What do you call that style, "classic Penton"?  Paul

Paul Danik

Stephen
  I would contact Jerry Wood at 352-795-8895, Jerry is the auctioneer for the Daytona auction and should be able to help you.
   Last years vintage days was quite a thrill for all of us. Mr. Penton seemed to be just as thrilled to sign those tanks as the owners were to have them signed!!!
   Hope to see you and your Jackpiner in July and good luck at the auction.
Paul

IYA0YAS

QuotePaul,

I'm interested in purchasing the #4 manuscript being auctioned off next week.  Can you provide me with more details regarding the auction, i.e. absentee bids?

P.S.

I had a great time visiting with you and the rest of the POG during last year's AMA Vintage days in Ohio.  Meeting John Penton again was very special.  I was able to catch up with John just prior to him leaving for his son's (Jack I believe)induction into the AMA. John autographed the gas tank on his way out.  I was very lucky indeed!! Considering how close I was to missing John that afternoon to give a ride to a stranded co-worker I passed on I-90 that resulted in an additional hour in travel time.  Later that same evening Jack Penton autographed my tank as well!!  Needles to say, I'm in the market for a new or used gas tank to be used for casual riding.  
I look forward to returning this year with my semi-restored '72 175 Jackpiner and a chance to meet everyone again.

Thanks!

Paul Danik

IYAOYAS
   The auctioneer is J.Wood and Company.  (352) 795-8895   Their website is at
JWoodandcompany.com      
FAX (352) 795-9328

Good luck and happy bidding!!!
Paul Danik