New Seat Exchange

Started by Blue_Dog, March 29, 2003, 08:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue_Dog

No more than a month ago on Ebay there was a guy with listings in all the popular bike categories he would do a seat exchange. You send him the old one and he sends you a rebuild. He had the seats ready to go as you sent yours to him.
Did any one make a note of the seller ID? Better yet, did any one exchange a seat?
Thanks,
B_D

Dennis D

I didn't see that post on evil bay but on one of the other sites a couple of folks were talking about not getting seats back from someone. Beware! Dennis

chris richardson

I did the deal with that guy last month. It went GREAT!

My records show his email is
(and I kept it b/c I'm would send him another).

The seat I sent him came back killer. He replaced the cover, Penton/KTM silkscreen on back, mounted streched tight, centered, everything a fussy owner wants.

(He even repaired a small crack in the base with resin)

$60 + shipping

Good Luck, mine turned out fine, but it was my only dealings with the guy...worked for me.

Chilly

chris richardson

OOPS! here is the email referenced above:

[email protected]

Blue_Dog

Thanks Chilly !!!
I'm sure that the dude. Will post my results.
B-D

Dennis D

Always good to hear of a good transaction. Do you know if he does only Penton seats or does he work on all brands? Dennis D

Steve Minor

I had Rick do a seat for my 1977 400 gs6 and I'm very pleased too....The material he used isn't an exact match but it look very good. I have some jpg pictures of my seat if someone wants to see his work.....And, to answer Dennis D's question, I feel sure he does other brands....he runs a custom upholstery shop.

Edited by - steve minor on 04/03/2003  08:19:14 AM
Steve Minor

tmc3c

Hey Chris,Where is this guy live at?What State? Just wondering if freight would eat me up from the south.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

Thomas...He lives in The Dalles, Oregon 97058

I'm in North Carolina and my total cost was $95 including shipping both ways....I think it was reasonable...

Edited by - steve minor on 04/03/2003  4:23:56 PM
Steve Minor

tmc3c

Thanks Steve, Very resonable! What was the turn around time?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

Thomas.....my foam was pretty good and I think he only had to shape it up and patch it in a few spots.....seems like it was 7-10 days tops. The cover material isn't a perfect match to the original, but it's very close.....mine bike's a rider anyway.....I can live with it. I have some pics I can email if you're interested.

Edited by - steve minor on 04/03/2003  7:25:57 PM
Steve Minor

john durrill

Steve,
 you must be getting close to having the 400 finished. can you send us a pic when you get it done?
John & Peter

tmc3c

Thanks for bringing that up,"foam" my foam is shot, I guess I need to talk to Al!I have the metal base! and if there is something you want right it is the seat.Thanks for Responding back on my post!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

Steve, I would love to get the pics of your bike [email protected]   Always love to see another man's work,mine too will be a rider,CAN"T WAIT but it is a slow process.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

To John and Peter.....I'd be glad to send pics of the 400 as soon as it's complete...hopefully very soon now.

BTW, are you and Peter going to the ISDTRR in Mass this Oct?.....We're going and can't wait!

Steve Minor