Value of Penton

Started by Pete Cornish, March 30, 2003, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Cornish

I have a 1976 Penton-KTM 125 that has only about four hours on it.( saved as an antique)  The bike was stolen and then recovered, with some damage. I now need to prove to the court that the bike was valuable. I geussed that it is worth more than $2000.00.  Please help to document the value from reported sales on ebay or other places.  I also had two other antique Pentons stolen that were not recovered. Please help me to put the thieves in jail. The value of the theft detirmines whether it it a misdemeanor of a felony........I think that I just posted this request a second tine,,,sorry, but I am still learning to use the Forum.

Pete Cornish

Edited by - Pete Cornish on 03/30/2003  8:43:07 PM
Pete Cornish

tmc3c

I raced a 76 125 penton and I wish you Luck on busting the guys who stole yours!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

desmond197

Give me a call or send me an email I am an acredited ASA Personal Property appraiser and can help you out with an appraisal that will hold up in court. I urge all of you to get your collections appraised by an acredited  personal property apraiser ( ASA or AAA).  I just had a bunch of kids casing my collection and a failed attempt at stealing a couple of my bikes. I ran outside with my gun and they quickly left. If I had not been home it would have been bad news.  I live in a rural area and dirt bike and ATV thefts are the most common crime in this area. The local law  guys  changed thier tune when I told them how much the bikes were worth ( It was over $10,000) Please take photo's of your stuff and have the serial numbers. Most folks do not have photos or insurance on thier stuff. I guy called me a few months ago and had a 66 Jag XKE and a 58 Porsche spider stolen. No decent photos and no insurance ( The cars were in storage) he was out about $120,000. This stuff does happen. my phone is 912-462-8947

Mike OReilly

Check with Kurt Flachbart ([email protected]). He recently sold a 76/77 vintage MC125 on Ebay and got a very good buck for it. He should be able to assist you in documenting the value of that bike.
Good Luck,
Mike

Lew Mayer

Thanks to desmond197 for some good info. I have three old ones in the garage that are probably more valuable than I realize. It would ruin my day to have them pinched.
Lew

Lewis A Mayer
Lew Mayer