'76 sidestand, sale or swap for '73-'74?

Started by Big Mac, April 03, 2003, 11:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Beautifully painted sidestand (kickstand) off of a '76 250 frame, just won't work on '73 Harescrambler due to the length and bend. Would rather give it a good home than to risk ruining  it trying to get the right bend. Anyone have a '73-'74 sidestand they want to swap? or sell? I hear Al B has repros for around $50, but don't think he takes trade-ins. Thanks

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

tomale

Hi jon, if you are coming to the race on sat. could you bring the kickstand? I made one but it is real rough.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mike Lenz

I am in need of one and have a nice 74 stand

Big Mac

Thom- Good ride on Saturday, guess the stand you made never turned up? Good luck with the nads, if you know what I mean.

Mike- Be glad to ship you the '76 stand if you'll send the '74. I checked out a friends and it looks like the '76 had a slight forward bend, and the '73-'74 looks like it bends slight back and downward, pretty subtle. The one I have is painted frame-gray color, hope that works. E-mail me at [email protected] or call at 503-320-7527  with your address and such. Thanks a lot. Jon

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

tomale

Hey Jon, yeah it was a good race. And your right I am hooked. I changed my appointment so that I could ride on the 26th I went sat. with the idea of getting a lay of the land, if you know what I mean. I did not expect to do so well. I need to make some change to my bike if I want to do better. The tires need to be changed and I need to get my bing sorted out. I was sure hurting on sunday,but I feel ok this morning. I guess I should have gotten more than 4 hours sleep on friday night....
It was good to finally meet you. If you and some of the other penton guys want to go riding let me know and some saturday I will come down to ride. there must be some good places to ride down that way.

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Big Mac

Thom, we'll have to hook up when the weather clears some, snow level is up and the water level in the holes gets down below the high-breather intake-- ha. Been planning on an exploratory run in the Pinchot Forest, east of Woodland about 25 miles. Will have to put it on the calendar for late May, early June. Talk to you later.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

tomale

Hey Jon, sounds good.
What kind of jetting are you running on your 250 scrambler? My bike was not running all that good at the race on sat. It would not idle and was slow to rev off the bottom end, then it hit hard. I checked my air mixture screw and it was turned all most all the way in. 1/2 a turn from the stop. I turned it out and it ran worse. I changed the pilot to a 40 and it is alot better. I am taking it out tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes. The book says that the stock setting is that the pilot should be a 35 and a 165 main I am running a 40 pilot and a 180 main. My pipe is not stock either which may have something to do with it.

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W