VMD

Started by Kip Kern, April 17, 2003, 12:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

3 Months left until VMD, Mid Ohio!

Rocket

Isn't the featured Marque, Harley Davidson this year?  I imagine you will see plenty of tatooooosssss!!
Rocket

Mike Lenz

Kip, Did you ever use that nos blue tank with the yellow cloth I traded to you? I sure would enjoy seeing a nice jackpiner of yours with that on it at VMD.

LINDEMAN

I would like to see that bike too.I had a Jackpiner with that yellow cloth on the tank.My brother a Berkshire.MX models with tall handelbars without crossbar.I have not seen one since.What year was that style?I was thinking Early 74 model?

imported_n/a

I picked up a new Jackpiner in June of '73 that had the small blue tank with the yellow cloth, high-rise bars and black front hub.

Did the yellow cloth come on the bikes until the change to the black and white vinyl tank stripes?  I know the cloth really didn't last long and got crappy looking pretty fast.

Glenn

Mark Annan

What cloth are you talking about?  A patch on the tank?  This is a new Penton item to me.

Mark

imported_n/a

Mark, the first Pentons I ever saw that came with the small mx tank had a yellow patch of cloth where the knees would rub.  It was kind of triangular.  If you refer to the back photo of the most recent Still Keeping Track, Doug W. is kneeling in front of a Jackpiner with just such a gas tank and yellow patch (although the picture is black and white).  The bike in that picture has a heat shield with the holes in it, whereas the bike I bought in June of '73 had the slotted guard like that Hare Scrambler first came with.

Glenn

LINDEMAN

Your right glenn,It was summer 73 when I got mine.It also had the pipe shield with slots.Thanks for stimulating my memory.Dave

LINDEMAN

Your right glenn,It was summer 73 when I got mine.It also had the pipe shield with slots.Thanks for stimulating my memory.Dave

Kip Kern

Mike  I just so happen to be putting together a "pretty" Jackpiner with that particular tank!  It will resemble the one mentioned in the photo with Doug!

Mark Annan

Thanks for the info.  I saw that photo and just figured it was a two tone paint scheme that somone had put on their tank.