Jackpiner Case Assembly

Started by AndyL, May 02, 2003, 09:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyL

Quick question for the group, I am just about to put the cases back together on a 75 Jackpiner.

In reading the section REBUILDING THE ENGINE, in the materials I got from Al, it clearly says to use a little grease on a water soaked gasket to put the case halves back together and don't use sealer.

The other manual I have a photo copy of a 1975 KTM Motor Repair Instructions Manual, on page 26 it says to  -- "smear the sealing surfaces in the area of the transmission with durable plastic sealing material and apply new gasket. Fixing of the gasket can be helped by use of grease in the area of the crank case. "

So, do I use a sealer or not?

Andy,

Thanks to Larry for the parts! Got them today and have been in the shop since!  The pipe is better than you described!  Thanks

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Rocket

Andy
Use warm water to soak the gasket, spread a thin layer of grease on the case half and apply the gasket.  I apply another layer on top of the gasket and then assemble the cases.
Rocket

AndyL

Thanks Rocket.

That is what I will do.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Larry Perkins

Glad I could help on the parts.  Yeah, that pipe was worth more once I got it down and looked at it again.  That is what happens when I operate by memory on something that is hanging 15 feet off the ground from the ceiling.  Hope it helps get her going.