centerstand & pipe

Started by cardojr, May 07, 2003, 12:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardojr

hi-looking for a centerstand for a 68 berkshire & info on new cones for a 72 berkshire (do I have to "unweld" the shroud to replace the cone and stinger- it went "blooey" and sounds like a greeves-but less torque)
thanks-rob

john durrill

rob,
 yes you have to cut the shroud off. we use an air cut off tool . you can do it with a hacksaw it just takes more care and time .

try Al for the centerstand. i have one but from the pictures i think its for a 70 model. dont know how much difference that makes.
John D.

cardojr

hi John-thanks for the info on the pipe-I'll zip it off and see what's not there.
 In regard to the stand,I'll get in contact with Al this weekend and see what he has and also find out whether yours would fit and fold properly. I'll let you know next week and we can negotiate or you can e-mail me at [email protected]
always wanted one of them 686970 pentons
thanks again,
rob

john durrill

rob,
 yes you have to cut the shroud off. we use an air cut off tool . you can do it with a hacksaw it just takes more care and time .

try Al for the centerstand. i have one but from the pictures i think its for a 70 model. dont know how much difference that makes.
John D.

cardojr

hi John-thanks for the info on the pipe-I'll zip it off and see what's not there.
 In regard to the stand,I'll get in contact with Al this weekend and see what he has and also find out whether yours would fit and fold properly. I'll let you know next week and we can negotiate or you can e-mail me at [email protected]
always wanted one of them 686970 pentons
thanks again,
rob