exausted

Started by chris p., May 27, 2003, 08:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris p.

hello pentonville am looking for an exaust pipe for a 76 gs 125, with the ktm motor. i have a pretty good expancion chamber, but the silencer is completely destroyed. so thats what i need. ill take any condition ,i mean any condition.  i really just need something to work with. thanx.

DKWRACER

Check with Al Buehner, at one time, he had a lot of 125 parts due to the lack of interest etc....Or Jake Fisher at Fisher Comp Cycles...

Thomas Brosius

chris p.

i checked with both, no cigar.  al thought parts and peices from a 175 may be possible. i am basicly looking for anything about that year and size . i can get pretty creative with the plasma cutter and mig welder if i have to

john durrill

Chris,
 try Dr 2Stroke, the 76 and up pipe is a lot different than the earlier pipe.
 He may have one in good shape for sale

tomale

John,
Is the reason for such a difference in the 76 and later 125 pipe's because that was the first year that Penton used a ktm motor?

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

john durrill

Thom,
 I would think so. Its a completely different cylinder. the exhaust is T ported and much bigger in area, it has 4 more transfer ports than a Sachs. The intake and exhaust  are bridged.
 John

Edited by - john durrill on 05/28/2003  9:23:56 PM

imported_n/a

Chris, there was some discussion a while back about GS 125s.  If you contact fellow Pogger Donny (OUCWBOY), maybe he can help you.  I know he had a project bike at one point, and he's been busy lately and not into the forum.

Glenn

Mike Lenz

I dont see why a 74 or 75 pipe wouldnt work? The frame was the same as the 76 GS. Was 76 te year they shortened the 175 cylinder? If so it may not line up after all.

Dr.2Stroke

KTM brought a 125 self developped engine in 1976 and also a new pipe with a new silncer. Maybe the pipe from earlier models with sachs engines would fit with some changes,but i h have 3 pipes on stock for the 76 to 78 125 enduro models in very good condition.if interested,[email protected]
thanks Dr.2Stroke

OUCWBOY

Hello everyone! It's been too long since I've been here. Just a word on the pipes. There are two different models of the 125 with the KTM motor, one was a MX model and the other was the enduro model. Not like the earlier bikes, they had completely different pipes. It appears that this started in late 76 as the pre cursor to the MC 5 series.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR