74 Jackpiner model?

Started by crash carden, May 31, 2003, 02:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash carden

Hello, I just bought a 1974 Penton Jackpiner with a silver motor with the flat side cases, it also has two extra steel support bands welded to the steering head. These bands appear to be a factory add on by Penton. The bike looks to be totaly original, and in good condition. I have an early 73 Jackpiner,w/ black motor/flat side cases, and two 74 Jackpiners,w/silver motors and the round clutch cover style side cases,none of the other bikes have the support straps welded to the steering head My queston? Does anyone else have this set up on their 74?

jj

Crash,

I have a Jackpiner with an October 74 serial that has the support bands welded to the head tube and silver motor/round clutch cover side cases. I call mine an '75 because of the spring/cable tank straps and the 200 Ceriani's.

John J Slivka
John J Slivka

Dwight Rudder

The spring cable straps were actually on the majority of the 1974 Pentons. As was the rounded tanks. My 125 had them and 35mm forks but I don't think they were the 200mm travel type. That was saved for the 76 bikes. Most of the 1975 and earlier had 6.5" or 7" travel forks.
The 1975s also had the LTR suspension.
Cher'o,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.