I need a rare part for my 77 400 gs6

Started by Steve Minor, June 02, 2003, 12:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

It's called a "head light bracket" and it's part #55.11.086.500. They come in pairs to mount the headlight to the forks.

Each one is a bent piece of flat aluminum stock that fits between the molded plastic headlight and the upper fork tube. It stiffens the headlight assembly and provides a spot for a big O-ring that holds the headlight assembly on. I just got off the phone with Al Buehner and he says they're very hard to find.

Anybody have a clue where I can find a pair? If not, I'm sure I could fabricate one.

Edited by - steve minor on 06/02/2003  4:44:45 PM
Steve Minor

Dr.2Stroke

i guess having 10 used ones,and two new ones. [email protected]

Steve Minor

Thanks Doctor.....I'm very interested and I'll send you an email.

Steve Minor

Steve Minor

Dr. 2Stroke.....I sent you an email about a week ago with no reply. I just sent another.

I need to know a purchase price and shipping costs for 2 of these items:("head light bracket" part #55.11.086.500)

Thanks
Steve

Steve Minor

Dr.2Stroke

guesss i meant the wrong one.(the one with holds the metal lamp with the round glass). but i will try to supply this special parts. i let you know when i found it. Thanks dr.2Stroke

Steve Minor

Thanks for the reply Dr. 2Stroke......The part looks fairly easy to fabricate, so if you can't find one I can make a pair out of flat aluminum stock.

Edited by - steve minor on 06/13/2003  08:07:39 AM
Steve Minor

Dr.2Stroke

thats the problem,when you have so much stuff. i found 7 new ones in a drawer,and i never checked,what they were for.so if interested again,mail me. Thanks Reinhard

Steve Minor

Yes....I am very interested in 2 of them. I'll send you an email.

Thanks

Steve Minor