LOST PENTON PARTS

Started by tlanders, June 02, 2003, 05:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

Rosemary and I left home for the MOVMX race in KC at about 8PM Friday night. We went about 75 miles and stopped for gas in Seymour, MO. Much to my horror, my 3 ft Contico container full of Penton parts and metric fasteners and 5 Penton manuals, and large Craftsman metric combination wrenches (32, 30, 29, 27, 25) and all my Bing carb parts and on and on and on had come loose from it's strapping and was gone. We turned around and in the dark tried to see the other side of a 4 lane highway. We got back home at 0:30 and were too tired to return to look for the stuff on the correct side of the road. We called the State Police. The next morning we left at 8:00AM and while looking for it, called the radio stations along the way and the highway maintenance people. It is over a week later and we have heard nothing. If any of you hear of someone selling penton parts in ZAG and Stack-On organizers, they might be mine. I have been watching Ebay. I am sick about this, I have lost a friend!!!!!

Teddy

RICHARD MORGAN

Quotequote:
Rosemary and I left home for the MOVMX race in KC at about 8PM Friday night. We went about 75 miles and stopped for gas in Seymour, MO. Much to my horror, my 3 ft Contico container full of Penton parts and metric fasteners and 5 Penton manuals, and large Craftsman metric combination wrenches (32, 30, 29, 27, 25) and all my Bing carb parts and on and on and on had come loose from it's strapping and was gone. We turned around and in the dark tried to see the other side of a 4 lane highway. We got back home at 0:30 and were too tired to return to look for the stuff on the correct side of the road. We called the State Police. The next morning we left at 8:00AM and while looking for it, called the radio stations along the way and the highway maintenance people. It is over a week later and we have heard nothing. If any of you hear of someone selling penton parts in ZAG and Stack-On organizers, they might be mine. I have been watching Ebay. I am sick about this, I have lost a friend!!!!!

Teddy

RICHARD MORGAN

I will Keep my eyes out on ebay too Ted, hopefully you get them back.