Larry Perkins bike on eBay today

Started by Steve Minor, June 27, 2003, 08:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Hey Larry....here's one of your bikes on eBay.Looks pretty sweet. Thought you'd be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6711&item=2421303242

Steve Minor

Larry Perkins

Yes.  In 2001 I won the State, Regional, and National Championships on that bike in 250 Historic class.  I wish I had not sold it now.  I am trying to figure where to get the $$ to buy it in the auction.  Anyone interested in a sweet 78 R80 BMW or a 2002 KTM 250 EXC fourstroke?  I want my baby back.

kds449

sorry larry, i bought the bike. i would like to talk to you about the bike. if you would email me your phone number i would like to talk to you. thanks  keith

James

Hi sorry to get to far off the track Just a question for Larry Perkins. Did you buy a 74/5 red 250 from Bobby Lucas in 2000 or 2001?

If so I was wondering where my old bike might be now....or at least the pipe(ACE RACING). Thanks for any response-if I am mistaken sorry to bother.
         Thanks, James

I have bike parts in the kitchen cabinets where most people have dishes..
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

Larry Perkins

Yes, I boughtthat bike from Bobby.  I won the 2001 AHRMA Cross Country Historic National Championship on it.  I sold the bike but with a Stock MX pipe because that is the way he wanted it.  I later sold another bike that your Ace pipe went on.

James

Larry thank you. I am glad it served you well. I owned it since 92 in various stages and loved it. I won my first ever mx moto on it. Had to sell when things got tougher...
Now will get a mint 400 this time.
Thank you again for your time and response.
   James

I have bike parts in the kitchen cabinets where most people have dishes..
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

tomale

Nice bike,
It is amazing how much the 77 Penton looks like the 76' 250 MC5 The only difference that I can see is the color of the tank and the decals. Even the pipe is the same.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W