122 mph Berkshire

Started by rob w, July 06, 2003, 10:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

On Ebay. That must be the more modified version than the one I use to ride, or maybe the gearing was changed to 18/36 ?

Larry Perkins

Rob, you can get all motorcycles to go about that fast.  If you drop them out of an airplane from a high enough altitude.  I think terminal velocity is about 120 mph.  Now the riding it is a different story.  Pictures of Slim Pickens riding the A bomb and yelling YEEHAW in "Dr. Strangelove" comes to mind.

swamp fox

Hey Larry,
I like that one! If that thing runs 122mph seized up, I can't wait to get mine finished after Dr. Doug rebuilt it. I hope all the new paint lets me get at least 150!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Dennis D

I can't believe how much money I've wasted on my 175. And I was only hoping for the "TON" Dennis

Paul Danik

Sorry guys, I just can't help myself!!!!  Did ya see the speed wrinkles in that seat!

OUCWBOY

It went so fast it blew the fenders right off!
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mark Annan

I wonder if he has a similar Sixday for sale.  Should be good for about 150....

James

How about 122 mph? The 81 495 was once considered the king of top speed mx bikes. Now we all know that it was humbled by the Mighty Berkshire? This is right up there with the factory original 69 Z28 with an AUTOMATIC. Of course they always ran 9's and would top out well over 200mph.
 More intresting is the radar gun...
We could get some board members here who are legally experts on Penton Motorcycles...they could speak for the capabilities of a 100cc Berkshire.....shows the inaccuracy of radar guns and we would not have to pay speeding tickets.. This is too much, James

I have bike parts in the kitchen cabinets where most people have dishes..
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.