Sachs Engine - Dalesman

Started by classof74, July 31, 2003, 10:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classof74

Looking for any information on a Sachs powered Dalesman 125 Lynx. There is very little information on this bike...thought someone here might know something about it. Thanks, Mark

Doug Wilford

To my knowledge the Dalesman used the same Sachs 1251/6 engine that most all others also used.   History, there weren't to many of them sold.

desmond197

The Lynx was the Puch powered MX bike the Scout was the Sachs powered enduro bike. The frame was designed by Jim Lee who designed the Penton Wassel trails bike frame and the Tyran ( Wassel) MX bike.  Joel Robert also helped design the Lynx MX bike and sold the bikes in Europe. I have a Dalesman Lynx MX bike with a Puch motor and have a number of photo's of  the Dalesman enduro bikes. The enduro bikes pop up on Ebay and I have seen several new out of the box bikes for sale. Most of the parts are easy to get except the front hub.  Early bikes came with alloy tanks them went to fiberglass one piece seat/tanks like a Bultaco Alpina. The last models had alloy tanks. Early trials and MX bikes had Puch motors. Late production bikes, enduro , MX and Trails all had Sachs motors. Very few of the late production alloy tank models came to the USA.