Motor struts needed

Started by Mick Milakovic, August 14, 2003, 10:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Hi All, my '75 250 project is nearing completion, but I need the two motor struts that triangulate the motor in the frame.  I would like to have ones off a '77, as that's what Kent Knudson recommends in his article, but I'd be very willing to accept any offers.  Al didn't have any when I placed an order, but I haven't contacted other sources yet.

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

Rocket

The left side on a 77 is different than the early ones.  Where it bolts to the motor on the 77,the motor has a raised boss and the older style is kind of under the cylindar on a stud.
Rocket

Mick Milakovic

Rocket, my motor actually has a build clock date of 10/73.  The bike did not have struts when I go it, and the left side now has a bolt in the case where the strut should go, and the right side has a stud where the strut should go.  

Seeing as how I don't know how it went originally, I'm trying to find information AND parts!

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

G Ellis

Mick I have two motor struts that came off of a 74 175. They are round about 10 inches long. Not sure if this is what you are looking for?

Mick Milakovic

Thanks G, I'll check another source to see if they will fit, first.  I'll get back with you.

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick