Out For the Season

Started by imported_n/a, September 07, 2003, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

I went to the doctor on Friday and got the bad news:  I have a torn groin muscle and will be out for the rest of the year.  I came up lame while training for the last race of the year here in the Midwest Region (Casey) next month.  I bought a '74 250 last month and I wanted to be in shape to ride Sportsman 250 as well as my 125 in Classic.  Recovery from surgery is 6 to 8 weeks, and I've got to wait to schedule mine until my wife recovers from surgery she's having this Tuesday.  September hasn't been good!

May 2004 be a better year than 2003.

Glenn

tmc3c

Glenn, Our prayer's are with your wife and yourself ! remember GOD has it all under control ! Keep your chin up and one foot in front of the other! Your family will be back strong as ever!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Glenn - Sorry to hear this kind of news,  but our prayers will be with you and your wife.  Please keep the POG updated on your condition.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mike Lenz

Well that will teach you. Training can be dangerous!!! Thats why I never do it!!! Just kidding [except for the training part]. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Dave Withrow

GET WELL SOON GLEN, AND THE MRS.!  Keep the faith buddy.  There will always be a pit space saved for you.  Take care and...GO PENTON

rob w

Best wishes for a quick recovery and good health to the Sonntag family. I'm going to finally develop the Byron photo's this week, so I'll send those soon. Groin?....ouch!..take care! We'll have to plan a ride after you're well, and well before May.
See ya,
Bob

imported_n/a

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  I'll be fine.  I'm concerned about my wife, though.  I'll keep you posted.

Glenn

tomale

Glenn,
MY family will keep your wife and you in our prayers. I have seen Him do some amazing things. Isn't funny that we worry more about our families than we do ourselves.
Thanks for letting us know. Hang in there.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

imported_n/a

Again, thanks to all.

My wife's surgery went well, but we're waiting for the pathology report now.  

Glenn

firstturn

Glenn  Thanks for the update and keep us posted.  I do agree with Mike on that working out.  It can be dangerous.  Your in our prayer.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

imported_n/a

Just got word that my wife's pathology report was good and the tumor was benign.  Thanks for all your support this past week.

Now on to my groin rebuild.

But as to working out, endorphins are addicting, and since I gave up my alcohol addiction in the late '80s, started eating right and working out (lost 50 pounds), I've been hooked on training.  

I was in good shape in the old days, too, which brought me better race results because I could hang in there for the old 20-minute motos and finish strongly.  Because I always had the best bikes (Pentons), carefully set up and well maintained, and I was in excellent physical condition, I could beat guys who were better riders.

Thanks again.

Glenn

tmc3c

Glad to hear about the Great New's ! Keep at it and you will be back out front soon!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tomale

Thanks for the report,
It is harder to come back but thankfully you can still come back..... When I started racing again I was wondering how I would finish one class.... now after six months that is fairly easy and competing in two classes is hard. IF you have been in good shape before then you should be able to get that back in short order. Hang in there.
Racing the second time around is sweeter.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W