Side panels

Started by Dave Withrow, September 18, 2003, 09:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

I'm looking for a good set of side panels for a '79/80 KTM 250 or 420.  They have the number plate on the panel.  They don't have to be perfect, just usable.  Thanks.  GO PENTON!

Larry Perkins

Dave

If you did not find a rear fender I think I found one that might be it.  Let me know and I can bring it to Casey.

Dennis Jones

Hey Dave
I don't know if your interested, But in my search for a small mx alloy tank if found a guy who has a large one like on my Jackpiner. Looks to be in fair condition and he wants $100 for it. If interested I can forward info to you. See you at Casey

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dave Withrow

Larry-I bought 1 on ebay acouple of days ago.  I'm sure it is the one I need but if you don't mind bring yours anyway.  I can always use a spare.
Dennis-missed you at Saddleback.  I have one for the Mint.  I bought it from Higgins in Feb.  Is yours banged up at all?  I could use it for racing and keep my nice one nice!  Send the info.  Thanks guys and....GO PENTON!

Dr.2Stroke

i have used sidepanels from a 79 420 on stock,also reproduced ones made of fiberglass.if interested,send me a mail. thanks Dr.2Stroke, sdi-ktmbluewin.ch

tmc3c

Dave, I might have the pipe side,I bought one off e-bay that I thought would fit my 76 gs and it was to large. It is unpainted.I know it is not a early year side cover.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mike Lenz

Thomas, Dave highly pressured me out of one, so now I am looking for one. Is the one you have plastic? Do you know what the 79 and 80 sidepanels looked like?
Thanks

Dave Withrow

Mike,
    I wouldn't exactly call a gyro sandwich a high pressure device.

Dave Withrow

Well......on the other hand.

tmc3c

Mike, the one I have is plastic, I think,it is hard to tell.It looks like the one for my 76 but is larger.From the top to the bottom it measures 13 3/4" and has a front edge that would slide by a frame, it has 1 bolt hole in the number plate. If you want I could just send it to you and you take a look.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mike Lenz

Doesnt sound like a 79 or 80 cover. Those covers were long with the number plate part behind the r shocks. Everyone, watch out for Daves Gyro move!!

tmc3c

Yes, now that say it that way I know what the panel looks like,sorta like a old OSSA side plate. And you are right that the one I have isn't it.I wish I knew what I have then maybe someone could use it, instead of it just lying around in my garage.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Mike Lenz

The 78 panels were similer to the 76/77 but only had two bolt holes, one in the plate and one near the front edge??

Dave Withrow

Mike,
    I was going to tell you to check ebay, but I see you've found it already.  I wonder how many gyros he'd take in trade.

tmc3c

Mike, I belive you are right on my panel being a 78, everything you say fit's this one.Thank's ! Now to find someone needing a 78 panel.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler