Steve Minor/hurricane Isabel

Started by tmc3c, September 18, 2003, 04:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

I know that you might be off line due to that hurricane blowing out your back door but when you get back on line and need anything give us a shout! Take Care Buddy!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

Thomas...Thanks so much for your concern. My family and myself are fine....Very wet, very wind blown, got hammered, but are fine. Tomorrow (Friday) I'm traveling to the Outer Banks to access damages at our other office. I'm sure it's not a question of if, but rather how much.  

Again, thanks for the concern
Steve

Edited by - steve minor on 09/18/2003  9:03:36 PM
Steve Minor

Paul Danik

Steve,
   What type of business do you have on the Outer Banks?  My wife and I spent a week there this past August, really nice area, loved the Wright Brothers Memorial.
   Good luck tomorrow, hopefully things will be better than you expect.
Paul Danik

swamp fox

Steve,
Glad to hear that you and your's are ok. I have first hand experience after Hugo blew through Charleston. We were watching this storm real close when it was at category 5. Man, that thing looked UGLY!! Hope you don't have to much trouble getting back to normal.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tmc3c

Steve, Be careful of down power line's ! But with you being from the coast I am sure you know this.I hope you have a 4 wheeler! I have surfed in Buxton, nice ferry ride over.It is great to hear your family and yourself are ok! as I was watching this, I was thinking of you and your family.My Mother and Father rode out Hugo in Charleston and it even got to me in Charlotte when I was there, had me heating baby bottles on the charcoal grill.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

Thanks to all concerned POGers.

Paul...I'm an engineering designer for the NC State Ports Authority here in Wilmington and we operate a port in Morehead City, which is in the southern tip of the Outer Banks....at Bogue Inlet. All the reports I got say they took a pounding.....high tide and 100+ MPH winds do not mix well. I'm sure I'll be busy rebuilding for some time.

Thanks again all
Steve

Steve Minor

swamp fox

Steve,
It's truly a small world after all. I'm a crane operator for the SC Ports Authority in Charleston. We had a mess to clean up after Hugo, so I know what you'll be doing. We'll probably get some ships diverted here until Wilmington and Norfolk get all sorted out. Hope you don't have to listen to generators and chain saws too long.

Thomas,
I can relate to cooking out on the grill and taking showers with the water heated by the pipes running under the asphalt road, but I will say the baby bottles on the grill is a first.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tmc3c

Robert, My daughter Hannah was less than a year old and I had to warm her bottles some how and a small habatchi and a small pot and water worked just fine while having no power.Isn't it a small world with Steve also works at port terminal, Wow talk about a small world!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler