Sachs Engines, EBAY

Started by Kip Kern, September 24, 2003, 03:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

There are two NOS 6B's on Ebay under "Sachs"  5 days left.  These are from Cosmo's recent sale I believe.

swamp fox

I'm afraid to wonder what the final bid would be on those beauties!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

swamp fox

I'm afraid to wonder what the final bid would be on those beauties!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Paul Danik

Does anyone know what happened to the two Sachs engines?  Did they sell or were they removed from the auction?
Thanks
paul

imported_n/a

Paul, the engines were "sold locally" and were no longer available.  I have no idea what they sold for, but it must have been a lot.

Glenn

Edited by - glenn sonntag on 09/29/2003  9:40:03 PM

firstturn

Glenn I don't know what they sold for, but there had been no activity for several days. Since there was no reserve they may have gone for less than one might think.  Again I was going to wait till tomorrow to bid so I guess I can not worry about signing on around 11:50 AM.  I'll spend the time looking for who had #73 in the 1973 SixDay.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

imported_n/a

Ron,

The last bid I saw before it went back to $800 was something over $1,000.  Whoever owns them has a couple of gems!

Glenn

Don Roth

I e-spoke with the seller yesterday, went
'locally' for $1800 +s/h, I believe it would
have closed for more. Someone indeed got a couple of gems.
-don

firstturn

Paul if plant those engines too deep and water them too much they won't grow.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

They aren't on my shelf, I figured that they would fetch a grand apiece easy. If he would have just sold one this first time it might have gone to the moon, but surely not to Mars!!
Paul

OUCWBOY

I am in the process of purchasing a "NEW" still in the box 1251/5DGS PRO Monark motor from europe. It looks like I can get it for $500.00 plus shipping. I'm afraid to ask what the shipping is, but it can't be more that $500.00?!?!!??

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Doug Wilford

The motors are in good hands, and I was asked not to tattle on who has them at this time.    He did say he made the guy an offer and he pulled them off e-Bay.

imported_n/a

Donny,

If what you've getting is the real thing, that's really cool.  Have you seen any pictures of the motor?  You know what they say about something being too good to be true.

Good luck.

Glenn

Edited by - glenn sonntag on 10/01/2003  08:51:56 AM

Larry Perkins

I fess up.  It will get figured out at some point anyway.  The motors are coming to Missouri.  One will become a Cranke 125 and sit underneath me.  I succumed to peer pressure and the Husky is on ebay right now.  The Crankester will be my next years 125 Classic ride.  The other motor will help several people complete projects.  

It is not near the coup as an NOS Monark would be, Donnie.  In my opinion if the freight was $3000; and it won't be, you would still be in it right.  I agree with Glenn, be careful.  Lot's of scams especially out of Europe.  Keep us posted, drool drool.  I would have trouble with a bike like that because I would want to ride(RACE) it which would not be the $$$ thing to do probably.