Help Me Find a Tank

Started by Dennis Jones, September 27, 2003, 09:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

I am looking for a Hi-Point alloy tank, the 1.9 gallon MX version like on Kent Knudson's race bike featured in VMX. My Wassell trials have alloy tanks, my Jackpiner has the 3 gallon version, want to put alloy on my 125 MX. Does not have to be perfect as it will be raced. Thanks in advance.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dave Withrow

Dennis,
    I saw a tank on ebay a couple of days ago.  It looked a little scuffed but appeared usable.  I couldn't tell if would fit your frame or not.  Might be worth a look.  GO PENTON!

Dennis Jones

Dave, I saw that one also, It is the larger, rounder style. I'm looking for the smaller more anguler (sp) style.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

[email protected]

Include me on the search for a mx allot tank. I have been looking for 2 years.

James

Hi I hate to say it but I did see one of the small hi-point tanks on e-bay a few Months ago. I have seen a few in the past few years.
This one bid up over $200....the auction ended early. They are very hard to find but are out there. I always wanted one too-but could not justify the price. I think one might have to pay around $500 or so when one pops up. James

I have bike parts in the kitchen cabinets where most people have dishes..
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

metalkfab

Try Barry at H&H KTM.I ordered (2) tanks like your asking for and he only sent one.He may have another.Cost was $350.

Dennis Jones

Karl, they said you got the last one. Thanks for the reply though. I know of a 74 250 for sale with one on it but the tank is the only thing any good on it. Any body need 250 parts?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dennis Jones

Hey James,
 Would you mind telling my wife the expected to pay price for me? Also tell her how I really NEED one to compliment my other alloy tank Pentons. All help appreciated.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

James

Dennis-one thing I've leanred with vmx parts is that it will cost more if it is more desirable. Maybe the 250 would be good to buy.
Penton parts are'nt growing on trees.
Besides I am trying to convince my wife that a project costs 2000-5000.and that I need several bikes. LOL James

James

Dennis when I talk to Bobby Lucas about shocks I will try to find a tank for you.
James

metalkfab

Dennis,When I ordered the tanks from Barry,my wife wanted one for her Berkshire (she TOOK the bike from me,says it's too pretty for me to ride,but not her),and said I could get a second one for my bike and then Barry only has one,THAT SHE PAID FOR !

Dennis Jones

Now thats a good woman! Actually my wife never complains about the bikes (usually about 12) and always questions me if I say I am going to sell something. It did hurt to admit to her recently that I got took on a supossedly race ready 125 six day (my mistake, I assumed race ready ment good crank bearings). She just said you can't win them all. She's also a good woman!

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

crash carden

Hello Dennis, I could use a 74 250 Penton for parts. Is the one you speak of still for sale? If so whats the price & location. Thanks for any help. Crash Carden Team Penton!

swamp fox

Dennis,
One popped up on Ebay today under Penton. # 2439366933
Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

firstturn

Dennis send me your e-mail address.
Thanks