Important Note: ISDTRR Rules

Started by Mike OReilly, October 01, 2003, 11:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike OReilly

The Pathfinders had previously indicated that they would be running "F.I.M." rules at the ISDTRR. This meant that you could be early at checks without penalty, and that for faster riders, the Special Tests, not timekeeping would be the determining factor.

I checked the rules that have been posted, and they are running an amended for of "BRAND X" Rules. This means that timekeeping will be required to arrive at a check on time - not early, not late, or penalty points will be assessed. It also means that scoring will be "check to check" as opposed to a "running clock": once you've lost or gained time, you then ride on your new minute.

I say amended "BRAND X" because they are allowing a two minute grace period either side of your exact minute (thus a 5 minute window to "zero" a check - but you still have to reset your watch if your off your original riding time at all).

This is all a big change from what was originally anticipated. Brush up on that time-keeping all you POG'ers!
Mike

Steve Minor

Any guess as to the MPH set for the course?

Steve Minor

Mark Annan

Don't worry to much about timekeeping on the course.  There should be more than adequate time to complete each section of the course.  Dick Mann's directive 'make the course so that 50 year old men on 30 year old bikes will not have a problem' is in full affect.  There is no penalty for arriving at a check early, you just shouldn't pass through until your minute.  The intent for the course is that there is time to enjoy the scenery and camaraderie on the trail.  Stopping before the check to converse with fellow riders is encouraged, and practically required.  Wait until your minute then continue on.

I don't know what the MPH average is, but it should be moderate trail ride pace.

Mark