ISDT Website Photos

Started by Bill Smith, October 15, 2003, 09:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Smith

The website has been getting some inquiries about when the ISDT Reunion photos will be posted.  We would like to let you know that we are working on it and it will be soon!  Besides what I took, others have sent us photos as well.  We are in the process of sorting and posting so hopefully sometime next week.

In the meantime, one of my favorite images is this one.  Can you guess who this is?  This was taken on the first day at the starting line of the ISDT Reunion Ride.  He is a well known POG member and motor builder.  From the looks of this photo, this little 125 must really be built... :D

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum_images/misc/isdt2003.jpg

metalkfab

I'm not sure of the rider,but I bet those High-Point Pants weighed a ton after they got soaked!

tmc3c

Could It BE DA MAN KIP KERN?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Kip Kern

You both are correct!  My old Hi Point leathers weighed a ton after Saturdays rain. I had to see if my "fat Butt" would still fit in them after 25 plus years.  My wife said, "if you are going to ride vintage, you have to dress the part too"  I am just glad she let me buy the old original Belstaff Trialmaster jacket before the ISDTRR as it worked perfect the whole weekend.
It is a bummer having a 28" inseam, I find it hard to start any bike unless I am sitting on it.  I can only stall/crash around large rocks, stumps or logs!

metalkfab

Kip,I knew it was you,(haven been there at the ISDTRR).You sure was the stylin' man.Are those Full Bore boots also ?As for the jacket,where did you find that? Too COOL!!

Kip Kern

Karl, Yes, those boots were NOS Full Bores purchased from Flint Indian Sales awhile back.  I just pulled them out of the box and wore them.  There were about thirty pair new in the boxes and I wished I had grabbed more, especially at $30 a pair!

The jacket came from Trophy Leathers, Naperville, Ill. 914E Ogden Ave. 60563  I can't read the phone number but the cost was $259 total.  Still cheaper and better than a modern Enduro jacket.  It has a tag on it that states "Original since 1924"  made in England

tmc3c

Hey Kip, Was that the Penton with the Bing problem's ? It sure look's Cherry !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Kip Kern

Thomas  Yep, that was the one.  The crazy thing starts on half a kick every time now.  35pilot, 135 main, 2.73 needle jet, bottom clip on the needle, 1.5 turns out on the air screw.  28mm Bing  32:1 pump gas ratio with Golden Spectro Oil.  850ft above sea level here in Indiana.

Mike Wickstrand

Speaking of photos, I thought you might be interested in viewing the photos (and video) from the ISDT Reunion Ride I have posted to my site. I just have one video up there now (Alan Wickstrand-centric), but have a bunch of additional video of just about everyone from the terrain test on day one and a ton of video from a Whitcomb Summit trail on day two that I'll be adding to the site over the weekend.

Enjoy - Mike

http://www.wickstrand.com/Reunion_Ride_Stuff.htm

Mike Wickstrand
Mike Wickstrand

Steve Minor

Great photos & video Mike.......and welcome aboard!

Steve
Steve Minor

Mark Annan

Mike,

Great photos.  Thanks for sharing.  I couldn't get the video to run.  All I get is a screen of code.  What video software are you using?  Maybe I need a different piece of software to view your video.  I'd really like to see the additional footage you have.

Thanks, Mark

(minute 37, # 913 on my 1970 Penton Sixday)

AndyL

Mike,
Great pics!  Great job.

I would love to see the video as well, but I could not get it to plant on my computer (Windows Media Player)either.  I did get some sound but no video.  (It sounded pretty good!)

AndyL

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Steve Minor

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional and Windows Media Player 5.0 and am able to view the video. It has to "buffer" first but once it does that, it plays great.
Steve Minor

Mike Wickstrand

Glad you appreciate the photos, it's too bad Andy and Mark are having problems with the video. I would make a couple suggestions: First, you will likely be waiting a long time if you are using a dial-up connection. Second, I would suggest downloading the latest version of Windows Media Player as this will likely solve the problems of hearing sound, but not seeing the video. The latest versions of Windows Media Player can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/.

I started the additional video last night and plan to get it posted to my site over the weekend – I'll post a note to this thread when it's out there.

Mike Wickstrand

john durrill

Mike.
Thanks for your efforts.We were unable to take any pictures at the RR and you have frozen a very special moment in time for us. One we will always remember with a great deal of fondness.
John & Peter