1976 Penton 250 MC5

Started by Nick, October 21, 2003, 12:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Does anyone have a copy of the May, 1976 Modern Cycle that has a test on the 1976 Penton 250 MC5 and if so, could you send me a copy of the test (just the test, not the entire magazine)(I've bid on the magazine four times on Ebay over the past year, and this morning was outbid with 8 seconds left).  I've had one of these 250's for over a year and think it's a great bike.  Thanks.

Rocket

Nick
I may have that copy.  I will look for it and let you know.  May take a couple of days to do this.
Rocket

Randy Kirkbride

Hi Nick,
I was outbid on another magazine a couple weeks back that had one article that I was interested in.  I emailed the guy that was selling the magazine & told him the article that I was interested in and offered him $5 + postage if he would photocopy it. He went for it & I got the article I wanted. He sold the magazine & got $5 extra.

tomale

I would like a copy of that article too and I would give someone 5 bucks for it.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

metalkfab

Randy,Is your article faxable? I'm currently rebuilding a '76 250 MC5 and it would a great help. Please advise. Thanks

Randy Kirkbride

Sorry Karl,
I guess I didn't make myself clear.:( The article I was refering to was about  a '75 Six Days like we both have.  I just meant he may try checking with the guy that had the magazine for sale to get a copy. Karl, email your address to me & I'll be happy to send you a copy of the '75 Six Days article.

Nick

Rocket, thanks for the offer.  I'll try Randy's idea and see what I come up with.  If it doesn't work out I'll let you know.  Randy, thanks for the idea.  Tom, if I can get a copy of the article, I'll let you know and send you a copy.  Karl, I hope the 1976 Penton 125 MC5 parts that I sold to you worked out.  It was great meeting Paul.  If you think it would help, I could take pictures of my 250 and send them to you.  Let me know.  Thanks to all.

Bill Campbell

Nick - Did you get a copy of the Modern Cycle test on the 250 MC5. If not email me at [email protected] and I should be able to scan it and email it to you. If its too big a file I might be able to photo copy it and post it to you.

tomale

HI Nick, Iam still interested in that article on the 76' mc5 250 my email address is [email protected]
Let me know what you have come up with, I have been looking for a long time for that article but always seem to just miss it.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Wrecker

Being a new member this site is a great source of information. Within the past week I've been reading old topics and have learned and enjoyed them all.
This might be too large a task but, as an idea it would be neat to have a libary of past test articles, like the one mentioned, at our disposal available on this site. If anyone is like me they keep all their cycle magazines. I'm not sure but I probally have some old (70s)Cycle Guides and Cycle Worlds in the attic. I would be glad to donate some to the cause.
When I dug my Penton out, I didn't know what I had, the production year page helped but pictures of models or tests articles would have been cool. Either way I'm hooked.

74 250 Hare Scrambler

Nick

Bill,

In case you didn't get my email - I didn't get a copy of the article yet, so I'm still looking, and if you could get a copy of the article to me, that would be great.  Then, I could pass it on to Thom and Karl, giving appropriate credit to you.  Thanks.

Nick

Nick

Bill,

Thanks for emailing the article to me.  It was very much appreciated.  I'll forward it to Karl and Thom.  I'll still bid on the magazine the next time I see it on ebay, but I don't have to be so desperate since I'll already have the part I want the most.  Basically, the bottom line on the 250 MC5 was "It's a jewel."

Nick

dirtbike

Guys....
A equally humble as eager request to have a copy of that article too. I would love to read it..

Please[:0]
[email protected]

Nick

I'll send it to you dirtbike.  I sent you a separate email about whether you want it emailed or faxed.

dirtbike

Got it!!
Thanks a bunch!
Fell asleep last night with it :D