ISDT-RR Video

Started by Mark Annan, October 25, 2003, 10:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

Thought I would pass along this note (see below) from the Pathfinders.  The video will be available directly from Jay.  

Anyone interested in footage from a helmet cam?  Jason (one of the Pathfinders) has about 2 hours of raw footage from the trail and grasstrack.

Mark A

To: "Pathfinders MC"
Subject: Re: video of 1973 ISDT
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:44:49 -0400

Hi Jason,  

The ISDT video went out for duplication this afternoon.  Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.  My DVD burner is wreaking havoc (not quite) and it's not working right.  Please tell your friends about the following...
----
The 30th International Six Day Trials Reunion Ride took place in October.  This was a very signifigant, once in a lifetime event for many in the motorcycling world and Duchin Productions was there to capture it.  Many of the greats that rode the original, returned to ride the Berkshire trails again.  Mud, rain, cold... it had it all.

The program is now complete and the world premier will be held at Max BMW Motorcycles.  A DVD will be available for sale on site ($24.95, NTSC, 50 minutes). If you ride, you'll love it; if you don't ride, you'll still love it.  Please tell your friends, especially your two wheel riding friends about the event.  Max is generously providing food and drink and Duchin Productions is bringing the high end sound and video projection equipment.  See below for more details. Hope you can make it!

Where: Max BMW Motorcycles 209 Lafayette Road, North Hampton, NH.  Just 10 short minutes from beautiful downtown Portsmouth.

When: Saturday, November 8th, 2 screenings, 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM.

Please RSVP to [email protected] or [email protected] if you plan on attending.

Jay J. Duchin
Duchin Productions
81 Locksley Road
Lynnfield, MA  01940
[email protected]

LynnCamp

Mark,  
I need to add my kudos and thanks for all the pictures and video you have made available.  Also appreciate the update on the availability of the "offical" video.

I would love to get a copy of Jason's raw footage and -- if he wants -- and if it is worthwhile (i.e., good content), I could edit and put it on DVD.  What is the best way to contact him?

LynnCamp

Mark,
You have plenty of other well-deserved kudos coming , but I someohow confused you with Mike Wickstrand who provided some links to his photos and video.  Sorry.......

steve erickson

Lynn,the best way to contact Jason is through the Pathfinders e-mail
[email protected] - it gets directly to him.

Can't wait to see Jay Duchin's video!!

metalkfab

Mark and LynnCamp,If either of you work up a video from the EVENT (helmetcam and other footage),I'd be more than willing to pay.After riding the last two RR's,I still can't get enough of them.To ride with our Hero's and just seeing them at these events is still like a dream.After downloading the Wickstrand movies and showing them to others,I may have hooked others into riding.I just can't get enuff of this stuff!!

LynnCamp

Maybe it makes sense for all of us to send Jay Duchin our footage. I filmed the banquet ceremony (- but, to be honest, haven't looked at it to judge the quality). He could take all of our stuff and put it together on a second DVD for distribution.  It takes lot of work to edit/add music/sub-titles, etc.  But..... it sounds like most of us are junkies enough to enjoy having additional DVDs even if they are mostly raw footage.  Jay may even be able to charge slightly less for it than he is charging for the "official" DVD if it is not quite as polished or mostly consists of raw footage.

What do you think?

Mark Annan

Thanks for the confusion :-))  I WISH I could do a video like Wickstrand  put together.  Even more, I wish I could ride like that!!

The helmet cam footage I mentioned may be used in the "official" video.  In a batch of email after the Reunion Ride Jason mentioned the raw footage.  I thought I would ask around and see if anyone else was interested in getting the raw footage.  Jason has been out of town but I will pas along our interest in the footage.  I'm hoping he can make the footage available. I figure it won't be too difficult (or expensive) to dump some raw footage on a disc and make it available to all of us junkies out here.

Mark

Lynn,  sorry I missed you at the Reunion we could have had a toast to our spouses

LynnCamp

Mark,
I am sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you.  I had trouble recognizing anyone (except Billy Uhl cuz of the beard...).  I had intended to take the roster and try to match some of the bike numbers with names I have become familiar with on the posts, but I left it home.  As much as I hate name tags, they would have been nice to have at the banquet.  The good news is that I shamed my husband into going with!  Unfortunately, the experience didn't give him the bug for vintage, which surprised me ... cuz that collection of bikes was just about the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.... what a memory!!!!  As a matter of fact, I had forgotten that my very first bike was a Tiger Cub until I saw the Leroy Winters' exhibition.

Anyway..... trying to get back on topic, I will pay for the raw footage if Jason gets a chance to burn a few copies.

Mark Annan

I just got a note from Jason.  Some of his helmet cam footage should be in the "official" DVD of the event.  He is also planning to make a DVD/CD of just the helmet cam footage.  He will let us know when it is ready.  They will also have video info on the Pathfinders site.

Mark A