Bing Carberators

Started by tmc3c, November 01, 2003, 04:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Where do we find rebuild parts for a Bing 54 ? Is Bing the best carb for a 250?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Randy Kirkbride

Thomas,
You can order about anything you need directly from Faye at Bing's 800 number. I don't have it here at home but I could get it for you Monday at work.  Bings always worked good for me on my 100s,125s, & 175s but I've never had a 250 except the one I'm rebuilding now.

Steve Minor

Thomas.....here is the web site. I did a total rebuild recently and found them to be most helpful!

http://www.bingcarburetor.com/

Steve
Steve Minor

tmc3c

Thank,s Guy's ! Steve you can't do any better than the site you gave me ! Thanks!!! Randy the phone # Is on this site, but I do appreciate your offer to get it to me ! Thank You!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

imported_n/a

Thomas,

Craig at the Husky club stocks what you need.  He even offers a rebuild service.  Check it out at //www.huskyclub.com.

Glenn

tmc3c

Thank's Glenn, I will.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Joseph909

I have a small one seater sand car with a rotax 477 with a bing 54.  Im missing the needle jet and seat.  Anyone know a quik and easy solution to find one?

firstturn

Have you tried the site listed above?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

Hi Ron, No I haven't as of yet, but I do plan to, last night I was able to see all what I need but at the time I am working with Kip Kern on getting my motor back up to shape. Kip told me that my cyl. has been ported & polished, and the reason I say this is because the carb is a 36mm Bing with a 185 main and a #40 pilot.I am not sure what the needle jet is.I guess it need's to flow more gas with this work being done to the cyl. I was reading in Still keeping Track that I need a 160 main and a 35 pilot and a #283 needle jet,but that is for a stock cyl.We will see!! Thank's for keeping me in mind I will update soon!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Thomas,
Sounds great.  The settings in Still Keeping Track are a great starting point from my old notes.  You are correct on more gas flow(of course Ron), but I would stick with the same needle unless Kip says something different.  I have been relagated to the 100/125 engines because someone said something about me getting older.  Kep us informed and have a great Holiday Season.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh