*** New On Website *** Penton Production Years

Started by Admin, November 06, 2003, 09:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

There is a new page on the website, just released yesterday, entitled "Production Years".

Check it out at:

http://www.pentonusa.org/prodyears/prodyears1.asp

imported_n/a

Hey, I accidentally clicked on it while going to the message board.

Good work, and very helpful.

Glenn

rob w

Another nice addition to our ever-blossoming site. Thank you.

vmx1963

Excellent - keep going... photos, manuals, repo parts database, shopping cart... whoops, got carried away there :D

LynnCamp

Super!!! It is very interesting and helpful.  Closes the gap on a lot of questions that I had.  Thanks for putting it together!

crash carden

Thank you for another great addition to the POG website. This is a very helpful guide for the Penton World! Thanks again Crash Carden Team Penton!

Wrecker

Very helpful, great site thanks, ditto - vmx1963.

My 74 250 was built in Oct, being late in the model year would a 1975 tank have been used? How were the models described, if they were?

rob w

The amount of information for the 1975 year bikes is a little lean. We should add that the 1975 models with KTM engines were the first Pentons to explore longer travel rear suspension, allowing the shocks to be mounted in either an up-right or lay-down position. A new (banana bend) swingarm with six different mounting positions for the lower shock. Larger, ovalized frame tubes at the rear of the frame with a new upper shock mounting hole for shocks in the laid-down (45 degree) position.

What else can we add?

Thanks Bill and Karen with the site, you're really doing great with it all.
Bob

PJM

The new page is great.  My brother Mike had an excellent idea recently, wouldn't it be great to create a pictoral display/reference on the homepage of each year and model of Penton built? This would compliment this new page.  I'm sure there are plenty of pictures out there to accomplish this.  What do you think?

Pat
Pat Mickevicius

Rocket

Rob
The first laydown capability shocks were on the later 74 models.  I have a 74 250 with the multi-position shocks.  I believe the build date is April of 74, going from memory.  I think they came with gas charged Ceriani's, that didn't hold up very well.  Didn't all of the 400's have the flat tubed frame and weren't they released as 74 models?
Rod

Bill Smith

Pat,
Thanks for the reply.  We have been working on doing this for awhile.  We wanted to pull all available information together before we post.  The later years are what we are lacking.  It is surprising how many models there actually were over the 10-year span.