My speil - '74 Six Day

Started by peter kane, November 14, 2003, 01:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter kane

All right, this is it...  You see, just under 3 years ago I was released from prison after the courts deemed I'd been wrongfully convicted.  I spent 21 years yearning for my freedom, my family and the things I loved, fly fishing and my Penton.  I went in at 21 and came out at 42 - half my life.  I'm not bitter, but I am messed up over the fact that trying to put my bike in running order is going to be more than I dreamed while thinking about it for 21 years.  I got out on a Friday 2/2/01 and began work on Monday and haven't stopped since.  I work in a prisoner's rights legal services office as a paralegal and don't make much money.  In addition, I owe a king's ransom in legal fees (the legislature is working on getting me compensation for my wrongful imprisonment) and my bike is not a big priority in my bills, but it is in my life.  
I have a little wish list of a few things I need to put my ride right.  
If you're hep to helping out a bro who's down on his luck, please drop me a line at [email protected]  Thanks - Peter

peter f. kane
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]

tomale

Peter, tell us about the bike maybe some of us can help. At least we can tell you were to get what you need when the money become available. It may not be as much as you thought. but we will not know until we have more information. I have learned that the best currency is not money but information. You can save your self a bunch of money if you know what to look for and where.
Hang in there. No ones life is perfect it just looks that way.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

firstturn

Peter,
  Thom put in words what I couldn't.  First things first.  Give us the frame and engine number(model).  And as Thom said information is golden.  Get some problem questions answered.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

dirtbike

Peter..
I'm a bit far off in scandinavia, sweden so I guess I can't really help out with parts or presence! Your story is so heavy that it's close to impossible to figure out something appropriate to say. I'd help you in any way I can, and think about this..
A man that has the ability to fully enjoy a vintage dirt bike is guaranteed to have a good time ahead. To me these things is a big part of life. You see most other things is neccesary in order to fully enjoy the bike, fishing or whatever.

At least you have a Penton, not to many people have. It's a gourgeous bike and deserves some close attention. I'd like to think that your time is now and so is your bikes. Good luck!

Please, feel free to mail me at:
[email protected]