How much oil in Harescrambler forks?

Started by Chris MacAllister, March 24, 2001, 06:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris MacAllister

I don't have a manaul for my 1975 250 Harescrambler and need to know how much fork oil to put in each leg.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Brown

Marzocci 35mm: 280cc
38mm: 320cc

Or do you have Ciriani tubes?
32mm: 135cc

I think on that size bike there was a larger diameter Ciriani, no?

Lets see if someone can confirm...
Chris

Bob

I have a 75 250 and it has Marzocchi forks on it. If the 250 did have Ceriani forks they would be 35 mm I believe.

LINDEMAN

Quotequote:
I don't have a manaul for my 1975 250 Harescrambler and need to know how much fork oil to put in each leg.

Thanks,
Chris

LINDEMAN

This is a good example where what components we are dealing with instead of trying to specify a year.Pentons changed things randomly througout the years which makes it hard sometimes.If you have 35mm Center Axle Ceriani the standard is 180cc each.I have found 20cc over stk.works great on most all 70"s bikes.The extra 20cc gives a noticable improvement in bottoming resistance with no change in the first cushy part of travel.If you have leading axle forks they require much more oil.Probably that 280cc that someone suggested.I don,t have those specs.Sorry I reposted your topic the first time I tryed to respond.I operate a motorcycle much better than a computor.

Chris MacAllister

Thanks for the info.  My bike has Ceriani forks.  I'll fill with 180 cc and add the extra 20 cc per your suggestion.  Appreciate it!!
Chris