Koni Shocks ?

Started by crash carden, December 02, 2003, 12:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash carden

Hello, I have a set of Koni shocks that are the original ones installed on my 73 Penton 250 Harescrambler. Does anyone know what type of fluid/oil Koni put inside their shocks? They are in good shape no leaks.I have taken them apart to clean them up and paint them.However I have not opened the fluid container,I wanted to find out if the fluid/oil should be replaced,and what type I need to replace it with.Thanks for any help, Crash Carden Team Penton! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Rocket

Crash
I just did a pair of Koni's.  I used Maxima ultra light shock oil.  Seems to work okay.
Rocket

Jdbglover

Rocket,

The Koni shocks that you rebuilt were they the series 76, that you had a question posted on the board earlier?  Looking at the Koni web site 76 series shocks were supposed to have unreplaceable seals.

Just curious.  

Thanks

John

Rocket

John
I just took everything apart and cleaned, the seals looked very good.  The oil was pretty clean so I don't think they had a lot of time on them.  I installed new o-rings and oil.  Looks like they will be okay.  They are the 76F series shocks.  They look totally rebuilable to me.
Rocket

john durrill

Krash,
 we have the Koni instruction for rebuilding shocks in the Library
 also a page on how to adjust the damping.
 if you have trouble downloading it we can e-mail it to you.
John & Peter

crash carden

Thanks for the feedback guys.John if you could email that Koni shock info. to me that would be great,as I can't get it to download. Thanks again. Crash Carden Team Penton!

crash carden

Oh John this might help Email address [email protected]   thanks!