Jackpiner 175 ...1974 Fender Identification - Help

Started by RD, October 22, 2000, 09:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

I am looking for information on the original type (plastic?, fiberglass?, metal?), color, and manufacturer of the front and rear fenders that came stock on the 1974 Penton 175cc Jackpiner that had the right-side fiberglass combination exhaust heat shield/number plate and were set up in enduro trim, i.e., front headlight, speedo/odometer, large blue colored-tank. Some people have told me the 1974 original stock fenders were plastic Preston Petty white-colored fenders.  The rear they said had the red, rather triangular-shaped lens.  I would really appreciate getting word from anyone out there that truly knows how they came equipped in 1974, and where I may be able to purchase the original stock enduro-type front and rear fenders.  Thank you.

Chris Brown

You should call Rick at Vintage Iron and Al Buehner to see what they might have for you. My front fender would work and is a repro of the original; both sources have them. I'm not sure about the rear; if it has a built in tail light or not, but I suspect it had a bracketed type tail light so you would want a more turned down fender than the MX style I used. Vintage Iron has tons of fenders in stock.
Chris.