speedometer mounts and number plates

Started by Mark Annan, March 29, 2001, 02:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

Anyone out there in Penton land interested in reproduction speedometer mounts for steel tankers?  I have a line on having them made.  I need an idea of demand so I can talk quantity with the maker.  More units made = lower price.  I may also have number plated made.  Both regular and cut out for the headlight.  Any preference between steel or aluminum on these items?  Let me know what you think either here or on my email.  Thanks, Mark  [email protected]

JD

Mark,

If you need to borrow one for sample let me know as I am not using mine.  I have the mount that hooks to the cross bar as well as the mount that screws into the steering stem.  I do not believe that either one is used, which means they are not bent.

I am going to list them on ebay when I get time but if you could use them for samples first so more people could have what they need I dont have a problem with that.

let me know "[email protected]"

thank
JD

Tony Price

I personally prefer aluminum.

Thanks

Tony P
Tony

JD

OOOPS....

My email is "[email protected]"

I have to many names....

Kip Kern

Mark

I too am looking into having some # plates made from originals.  I gave a steel manufacturing place original steel tank # plates and they sre researching having them laser cut (very simple) and then I can roll the bead on the outside as I have a roller.  I also asked them to look into stamping aluminum sidecovers for the 72 up Pentons as these are needed also.  Let me know what you find out and I will do the same!  [email protected]