wheel rebuilding

Started by jerry, December 30, 2003, 02:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

Have used Buchanon's on my old BMWs, but is there a better source for Pentons? My rims are in very good shape - should I just have them recrhromed and then have someone respoke them? Thanks Jerry

Jerry
Jerry

Kip Kern

Jerry

Depends on what you want.  A single rim costs $100 plus to get rechromed, new Radaelli rims for Pentons cost roughly that per set from Walridge Motors.  Lacing a straight hub Penton wheel is easy, the conicle hubs are a pain.  I reuse my original spokes after getting them Zinc plated as well as the original nipples and in the process, save big $$$.  Having someone do the wheels for you costs big $$$.

Rocket

Jerry
I just did a set of wheels for a 72 6-day.  I had the rims rechromed, cost $180 and then Buccannon spokes for the 2, cost $130.  Makes for a fairly expensive set of wheels and I laced them myself.  Kip is right, the full width hubs are a piece of cake to lace, but the conical sucks!:(
Rocket
PS
Kip, What is it costing you to get your spokes plated and how long is it taking?  I have a bunch that I could have done.

Kip Kern

Rod  Contact me at 765-668-8038 after 6pm.