Fork Springs

Started by tanz, January 02, 2004, 05:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanz

Can anyone tell me where to go for fork springs on my 77 GS6 400, they are 35mm Marzocchi leading axle? I tried Progressive but they said they only go up to 75 Pentons. I'd like to find some heavier springs but even stock would probably be better than what I have.
Thanks
Steve
10 Beta 520 RR
77 GS6 400
73 Hare Scrambler 250
72 Six Days 125-Sold
71 Cat 350X

rob w

Hi Steve, Try these guys, //www.vintagedirtbike.com  click on "NOS Specials". I hope they can help, I'll be needing the same springs shortly.
Bob

john durrill

Steve ,
 We were able to get springs for our 35 mm cerie's from Speed and Sport. You would need the length and the diameter of the stock springs for them to be able to help i think.
John D.

tanz

Thanks for the info guys, I'll check with them tomorrow
Steve
10 Beta 520 RR
77 GS6 400
73 Hare Scrambler 250
72 Six Days 125-Sold
71 Cat 350X

twinshox

hi there, i had the problem with to soft springs, too.... i might be to heavy :D

i got some progressive springs for the fork built for me (for the 35mm marzocchi)... they are owesome and in combination with the hard rear gas-shocks its the best for me

for the front springs i've paid about 75 euros (about the same in dollar)... then i got better oil (is included) SAE 15 (pretty hard) and took other seals/rings (don't know the word) with better protection against "running" oil... those rings don't have only one "lip" the have a double x-lip.. therefore its better sealed... (i dont have those rings from ktm... we got industriy suppliers which have the same sizes in catalogues (for big industrial machines), but u have to take more than only four of those rings... but to the prices i got 12 for the same ammount i normally would have get only 4 of them... i am heavy... jumping across the track... no oil running yet...

cu

Thorsten

1979 Gs80 350ccm
\\"4SALE\\"... KTM 350 + 125 and lots of parts

tlanders

I bought a set of heavier springs from Barry Higgins. I think they were 28 #/in and the stock ones are 22 #/in. I'm at work and forget the exact springs rates. They and the Ohlins on the rear were what my Mint 400 needed to take the jumps!!!

Happy New Year

Teddy