Attn: Man from Mars

Started by rob w, January 07, 2004, 11:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Paul, I've been seeing some pictures from Mars lately, looks like you have alot of wide open spaces to ride, I'll bet with all those rocks you must have to run a skid plate and case guards. :)

I found you in a May 75 Dirt Bike mag the other day, riding a Two-Day Qualifier in New Jersey, it says "Paul Danik, first time on a 250, running number 41, finished with his lights on as did everybody behind him.", and there's also a picture of you with your 250 coming out of the impound.
Do you have this? if not, I'll give it to you at the Feb. meeting.

See you soon, Bob

Paul Danik

Bob,
   The landing site isn't too far from my house, it is near the old quarry and is rather secluded.:D They sure must have come the long way as it took them long enough to get here, probably a government contract and they were paid by the mile.[}:)]

I would be curious to see the article that you found on the New Jersey qualifier. That 250 was Don Stover's ISDT machine from Italy in 1974.  When we came back to the states Larry Maiers asked if I would be interested in trying it and I took him up on the offer. I took the number plates off the machine and hung them on a nail, they still had his Italy numbers on them.  I took them to the ISDT reunion in Dalton and gave them back to Don, 29 years later!!!  I sold the bike years ago and have been chasing it down for a few years, that would be a good one to find!!

Paul