off road skid plate for 250 Penton

Started by weflyu, January 08, 2004, 04:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weflyu

Just took delivery on 75 penton 250 from Fun Mart Cycle in Moline Ill.
The bike was restored and on display for over a year but I plan to make a rider out of it. I am putting on some works rear shocks and new fenders and side covers on it. I plan on Vintage Gran Prix and off road Racing in So Cal desert.  I raced a 72 Jackpiner in 74 and 75 and my bike then had a skid plate that completely covered the bottom and lower front of the frame. This bike has the small factory skid plate on the front of the frame, but I am wondering if any one knows where I can find a larger skid plate. Maybe someone has one laying around their garage or knows where I can get one made. Any way I just sent off my membership to POG and look forward to riding this bike and spreading the Penton word around Southern California.

Rocket

Weflyu
That was my bike, I restored that for Tim, the guy that runs Fun Mart.  I imagine he is delivering the bike to you.  If you want to get rid of the original skidplate, I'll buy it from you.  I need one for a 125 I am restoring.
Where do you live in Cal?  My son lives in Escondido and works for Baja Designs.
Good luck with the Penton.
Rocket

Kip Kern

Contact Steve at Bultacoeast.com and get a NOS Preston Petty skidplate that can be trimmed to fit your bike.  That is what I am using for the "millions" of rocks at the "04" ISDTRR in OK.

firstturn

You might try the suppliers mentioned on the home page.  I saw one on eBay in the last month just like the on I have on my '72 Jackpiner.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

weflyu

I live in Castaic north of LA. Sorry I want to keep the factory plate, I just want somthing with some coverage on the bottom. The restore you did was pretty nice. it is almost a shame to ride it but thats what its for.

weflyu

I live in Castaic north of LA. Sorry I want to keep the factory plate, I just want somthing with some coverage on the bottom. The restore you did was pretty nice. it is almost a shame to ride it but thats what its for.

Randy Kirkbride

weflyu,
There's a new PP skid plate on ebay now.  #2453902372

weflyu

Thanks for the tip, I just bid on the thing. It is not the big huge 20 lb metal one like I had 30 years ago but it should work a lot better. I'll know in 6 days. Thanks Again.