CONFUZZZED

Started by fischercycle, January 10, 2004, 06:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischercycle

We have a sachs here not sure if it is penton  dkw or hercules  IT hase a vbelt drive ,and a fluid drive trans has a two speed converter  can someone tell me what mdl. this is, maybe some senior member can I.D. IT..Iam confuzzzed Jake

firstturn

I saw something like that back in 70's that the cechs were experimenting with.The drive looked like a Salisbury unit.  I'll see if I have any of thos old pictures.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Doug Wilford

Confuzzed, Sachs made many different engines for lots of different applications, while working at Pensacola Sport Cycle I had a call from the Union Pacific Rail Road, they had a Sachs two stroke engine that drove a hydraulic system to a 500 ton jack and they could not get it started.   It turned out to be a 500cc single cylinder 2 cycle engine that was flooded, He! He! They were confuzzed as you are.  Maybe there is someone from Canada that can tell you what you have. [8D]

Gavin Housh

Jake, I've been trying to reach you about some parts. The (412) number is a fax machine, right? Can I reach you on the (724) number, and if so when should I try? Thanks, Gavin.

firstturn

I saw something like that back in 70's that the cechs were experimenting with.The drive looked like a Salisbury unit.  I'll see if I have any of thos old pictures.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Doug Wilford

Confuzzed, Sachs made many different engines for lots of different applications, while working at Pensacola Sport Cycle I had a call from the Union Pacific Rail Road, they had a Sachs two stroke engine that drove a hydraulic system to a 500 ton jack and they could not get it started.   It turned out to be a 500cc single cylinder 2 cycle engine that was flooded, He! He! They were confuzzed as you are.  Maybe there is someone from Canada that can tell you what you have. [8D]

Gavin Housh

Jake, I've been trying to reach you about some parts. The (412) number is a fax machine, right? Can I reach you on the (724) number, and if so when should I try? Thanks, Gavin.

fischercycle

HI; I forgot to mention that the sach engine drive unit has a salisbury hydraulic two speed converter connected to a pulley system ,to the rear wheel ,the rear wheel from top to bottom is 30 inches ,and 7in. wide, with 4in spikes,the front has two skis. also after looking at the frame it,s stamped MZ.500cc sach  LOOKS like germam or russian. RON CARBAUGH  YOU MY BE RIGHT . and DOUG.you are right about the engine size, but what the heck was it used for .Jake

imported_n/a

Jake, can you post a picture of it? sounds very interesting.